Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 street bob build

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2015, 12:07 AM
Bandolier
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 2010 street bob build

New to the forums here! Just posting my bike and what my future plans are. I will include a few photos of the bike as it is now. The previous owner blacked out the horn cover and battery cover band, teardrop mirrors, rush slip ons, forwards, passeneger pegs and rear seat, dynojet fuel management V and stage 1 intake. He had a decent start and he had similar plans to mine however he was selling to buy a house. Upon getting my tax return i plan on ordering 10.5 shocks, bare bones seat, short shots all for sure. I am undecided on bar height. Either 12s or 14s depending how i sit after the rear mods which will be much lower than stock. I am about 5'11 so ill have to see where my hands rest naturally after the drop. I would also like white wall wheels, unsure about brand. I Have seen shinko makes the correct sizes. I also plan on purchasing other smaller things, turn sigs, grips, intake cover, headlight visor. I think ill start with all of that for now. I would really like to get the front end powder coated in the future. Although I'm not sure that's something i am confident in stripping down myself right now. Possibly wheel spokes PC as well while im swapping tires. The biggest thing id like to change but not sure how to go about it is the tailight. My bike feature the short fender which i love and i am aware of the hole behind the light. Not sure if i am better off chopping myself, getting it filled, or buying one from a 13+. I used to fabricate but not sure if i can make that clean of a cut, not to mention that hole is pretty high, not sure if a cut can be made without the fender line being flush with struts. I have read the topics regarding fender options, just unclear on details or what route to go. I do have a jack so i will start building as parts arrive. Anyways, just filling you all in about what my plans and thoughts are. Any suggestions or criticism is welcome !

Old 02-15-2015, 06:30 AM
STRES
Road Captain
Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

welcome to the forums! and good luck with your build!

Old 02-15-2015, 07:51 PM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member
Received 188 Likes on 146 Posts

Good start you got going there! I put Burly Slammers on the back of mine. Love the look...don't know that it will effect the height you want the bars. Just makes your @$s closer to the ground.

Old 02-15-2015, 11:18 PM
9foot
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

welcome to the forum bud. nice to see another bike build. im currently building my 07 streetbob. keep the pictures coming with the progess!

Old 02-16-2015, 07:44 AM
Bandolier
Intermediate

I will certainly start a new post with the transformation soon. Just waiting on all the parts. I decided to order just about everything at once. Tax returns are a beautiful thing. I hope to have everything done within a 3 week period once parts start flowing. I will not make the mistake i did last year building my buell and had it in pieces half of the season.. I had to catch up on riding time and spent more time on two wheels at the end of fall than my crew did all season. Being in NY, it wasnt a comfortable fall season by any means but being on two wheels, you tend to forget your other worries like being cold.

Old 03-04-2015, 08:45 AM
Bandolier
Intermediate

Update; The tax return has been deposited. Just over $2000 worth of parts added to the cart. I am very pleased with everything I have picked out. I am JUST about to click the order button and then I start overthinking.. I am flip-flopping between two exhausts though. VH short shorts and Bassani Firesweeps which look very similar just with turnouts. My main conflict is scraping with the slammer kit installed. The bassani look a little lower to the ground. Performance is another conflict. Correct me if I'm wrong but the short shots have little to no gains (if not a little loss), not sure if bassani is any better because theyre both 2-2. Any quick opinions before I go WOT on this bank account?

Old 03-15-2015, 04:38 PM
Bandolier
Intermediate

Well, $2200 later, all of my desired parts have been ordered. Its only a waiting game now! I ended up choosing the bassani firesweep exhaust to change it up from the common short shots on here. Dont get me wrong, they look great though! Use your imaginations for what else i ordered, haha. The bike is being picked up by a friend to get the front end taken down and powder coated Along with the wheels before the tires are put on. Its something I'd like to do myself however I'm on swing shift and currently going through a nasty breakup. Moving in with my buddy and his street glide. We plan on doing the rest of the work ourselves to get ready for riding season. I also just sold my buell firebolt a few days ago. Debating to get motor work done to compliment the look. We shall see.

Old 05-01-2015, 10:10 PM
Bandolier
Intermediate
Default Finally done

Okay stick with me people. So my intended build had a screwy time frame with the whole breakup. I had to pick up and move everything and all three bikes. What a nightmare. I sold the buell and ended up selling the Kawasaki due to limited storage at new place. Anyways. Bike started to get torn down about a month ago after my parts came in. Teardown was quick but got delayed with powdercoating as the only decent local guy was backed up. After a couple weeks of just waiting I get the parts back. Did the whole front end, turn signals, wheels, rotors, horn cover, few smaller parts as well. Bars were wired up and stock cables worked for them nicely (14s). Front end was put back together first. Relocated front signals , all wiring was taken out of plugs vs splicing. Forgot to mention headlight was powdered flat with rest of front end and replaced trim ring with deep dish. I really like that look. New grips and mirrors installed as well. Burly slammer kit installed front and rear in addition to bare bones seat that was already installed. By the way I completely forgot to order a lower kicktstand to work with the slammer kit.. The thing stands almost upright and I have to be very careful until it comes in.. I had purchased a curved license plate bracket to cover tail like hole. Ended up not working BC of all wiring that was tucked into light. Going with a triangle joker machine light and plate mount, flows with bike nicely. Quick connect on rear signals had to go back on BC I need stock bolts. So the rear really didn't get anything new... Still bothers me but I'll live for now. I went with Arlen ness air intake, wrinkle black looks nice. Although it sticks far out so its uncomfortable to hit brake with forwards.. Might just deal with it. Almost went with short shots but I wanted something different. Went with bassani firesweeps. I really like the turnouts and look of them. They are reserved when idling or low rpms and ear destroying when you get on throttle. Very ideal and love the sound. My tires were actually in perfect shape but I really wanted white walls with the denim black. Love the look, might outgrow it in the future for a 180 rear. I rubbed my fingertips off earlier today getting the blue seal over white strip.. I decided to go with flat front end BC it's different. Just about everyone has a gloss front end. I liked the black laced wheels but all black is better. Not much chrome left. Almost got the rockers coated gloss for contrast and match the gloss accessories, time frame didn't match up. my buddy wanted to do cams for the bike but once I got the parts back I just wanted to ride. My roommate rode everyday while my bike was in pieces so you can imagine the impatience.. I'd rather do the cams, heads etc all at once at end of season. If I'm feeling froggy I might go with fat 40 spoke wheels this summer. But I wish I took more pictures but you tend to get caught up in everything else. So enjoy what I have. I am beyond estatic to finally have this machine back together and finally built my "dream bike" pretty cool to imagine your build and then have it completed and look better than intended. Not bad for a 20 year old! Thank you Augie for all your help and knowledge through this build!

Old 05-02-2015, 02:49 AM
3L3C7R0
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Sweet looking bike man. I would add one thing. Do a coil relocation.

Old 05-02-2015, 02:52 AM
SDgunfighter
Intermediate

Nice ride. I am loving the black spokes.

Quick Reply: 2010 street bob build