Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Want to put FXDF wheels on my Street Bob

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 01:49 PM
Dyna_Bagger85
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Want to put FXDF wheels on my Street Bob

Already have the wide front end and a 23x3 on the front. Not a great wheel for going back in the hills with. Love the look of the Fat Bob wheels.

I read another thread that had me a little confused. From what I understood, I can use my stock spacers, with an Fat Bob wheel.

I have the wide glide axle, would I still use 25mm bearings and use the bearing spacer from my wide glide hub?

Any help would be greatly appreciated guys!

Old 05-20-2015, 01:56 PM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member
Received 188 Likes on 146 Posts

I don't think I can be of much help on this but are you planning on running the dual disc up front? Or do you already have dual discs? Don't know if it will matter, but may be something someone who has more info will ask.

Old 05-20-2015, 01:58 PM
Dyna_Bagger85
Road Master

Originally Posted by BigDogIdaho
I don't think I can be of much help on this but are you planning on running the dual disc up front? Or do you already have dual discs? Don't know if it will matter, but may be something someone who has more info will ask.
At this point in time not planning on the dual disc. I'll have to get a cover for the right side of the wheel like my stock street Bob wheel has. Plus I love the look of an open wheel on one side

Old 05-20-2015, 06:20 PM
Dyna_Bagger85
Road Master

These are the wheels I want to use. Each wheel is $368 from kutterharleyonline.com

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/fat-bob-slotted-16-front-wheel

Old 05-20-2015, 07:31 PM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

If I understand correctly, you now have a WG width front end so in that case you will keep your current (WG) axle and spacers as the WG and FB both use the same ones.

The bearings on all the late model Dyna's are the same so yes, still 25mm part number 9276 bearings unless you have ABS.

You didn't say what kind of hub you now have on the 23" wheel but I will say that by the time you buy two bearings, financially you are most of the way to the wheel install kit that you get from HD. Also consider that stripping the current wheels does make them less attractive to others assuming you will sell your old ones to recoup some of the cost.

As far as the wheels go, those wheels are nothing more than stock wheels FB wheels that are black.....probably anodized but I really don't know. You could probably find a set of used ones for much less and power coat them, install new bearings and call it a day.

Also, do consider that if you install the FB wheels, presumably you would want to install the matching FB front fender. If you do this, the fender mounting bosses on the SB forks are spaced differently than the FB so you will need re weld up and re drill them.

Having gone down this road, i would highly suggest to you that the full meal deal dual disc brakes are the way to go........the difference in braking ability between the two is pretty nearly night and day. When I converted my FXDC I went from mediocre braking to true one or two finger panic stops and just to prove the point.........One of the first times I took it out on some twisty roads - I came around a corner only to find a mountain lion standing in the middle of the road. I went left to pass in the opposite lane and just before I got there the cat went the same way. I hit those dual discs, swerved back right and struck the cats tail!

Last edited by p51bombay; 05-20-2015 at 07:33 PM.
Old 05-20-2015, 08:02 PM
Dyna_Bagger85
Road Master

Thanks for the info, I've been keeping an eye out for stock Fat Bob wheels. It will be a little bit before I make the swap though, have to get the funds built back up.

Old 05-20-2015, 09:16 PM
Bibber48
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Old 05-20-2015, 09:24 PM
103 sedona orange
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 190 Posts

Have you talked to the parts guy at Guidera's or master tech in service dept?

Old 05-20-2015, 09:50 PM
Dyna_Bagger85
Road Master

Originally Posted by 103 sedona orange
Have you talked to the parts guy at Guidera's or master tech in service dept?
No not yet, I'm going for a long ride on Saturday so I'll swing by next week. Know any good rides to go on around here? I'm not from here