Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how to put in PIN ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 12:03 PM
rainmakers
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to put in PIN ?

Dyna superglide custom, new from dealers only done about 300 miles and thought I'd better get around to looking through the manual the dealer gave me.......found this bit about putting in the pin. Says this will allow over ride of Alarm/immobiliser if anything malfunctions and that by following the instruction the installed pin pops up on the panel and you simply change it by use of flasher buttons.

Well can't figure out how to do this......do I need ignition on, or off........sounds simple when read manual but I must be missing something. Don't want to ring dealer and sound dumb.........so any advice would be great........thanks

Old 05-13-2007, 01:03 PM
hAkron
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: how to put in PIN ?

Did they give you a DVD with your bike? When I bought my '06 there was a DVD in the package with the manaul and it showed exactly how to put in the pin. I didn't pay close attention to it because I don't have the security alarm on mine.

Old 05-13-2007, 01:07 PM
rainmakers
Advanced

No, they didn't give me a DVD.......shame. But maybe they dont on the 07 or maybe its just over here in the UK.

Old 05-13-2007, 01:30 PM
hAkron
Road Captain

Ok, I just watched it again here goes:

If you want to Change the PIN do the following -
with Alarm OFF flip the Run/Stop Switch to Stop
Cycle the ignition switch 3x - on, off, on, off, on AND LEAVE IT IN THE ON POSTION
Press the left turn signal 2 times and release
Your turn signals should flash
Press the key fob 2 times
The dealer code should now be displayed on the Odometer...if nothing is displayed the dealer has not entered a code.
Press the left turn signal 1 time and the LED key light on the speedo will flash.
The first number should be blinking. Use the left turn signal to change the number
to move to the next number press the key fob 2x then use the left turn signal to change the next number
When you have changed your PIN turn the igntion off.

To enter the PIN number (if you have lost the key fob)
Turn your Run/Stop switch to STOP
Turn your Key to the Accessory position
Hold BOTH left and right turn signal buttons until the key LED on the speedo blinks
Pressing the left turn signal button until the first number of your PIN is displayed
Press the right turn signal to enter that number and move the the next number postion
Use the left turn signal to enter the next number and the right turn signal to accept
once all 5 digits have been entered press the right turn signal once to finish.

Again, this is from the video I just watched and not from personal experience and it's for the '06 and might not apply to the '07

Old 05-13-2007, 01:32 PM
dajam_fxdli
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: hAkron

Did they give you a DVD with your bike? When I bought my '06 there was a DVD in the package with the manaul and it showed exactly how to put in the pin. I didn't pay close attention to it because I don't have the security alarm on mine.
Wow a dvd with the 06? Does it have a HD part #, I would be curious to look at it. ...

Old 05-13-2007, 01:36 PM
hAkron
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: dajam_fxdli

Wow a dvd with the 06? Does it have a HD part #, I would be curious to look at it. ...
PN 99440-06

It talks about the Factory Security System, the Factory Radio, and some "Welcome to the HD family" deal. It's kind of pointless, but I saved it anyway.

Old 05-13-2007, 01:53 PM
rainmakers
Advanced

Thanks........that was just what I'm after, at work now but will try it tomorow and let you know how it went.

once again thanks

Paul aka Rainmakers...........cos it always rains on me when I go out on the Bike.

Old 05-13-2007, 01:54 PM
rainmakers
Advanced

Thanks........that was just what I'm after, at work now but will try it tomorow and let you know how it went.

once again thanks

Paul aka Rainmakers...........cos it always rains on me when I go out on the Bike.

Old 05-25-2007, 04:58 PM
rainmakers
Advanced

Amazing what a double click will do..........any way It worked fine...thanks.

Old 05-25-2007, 06:47 PM
Oldtimer of NM
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They '07 version is the same except that you ust have the keyfob near the bike. No button on the new ones.

Quick Reply: how to put in PIN ?