Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! Quarter fairing for sb question

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 11:29 PM
crtman21
Road Captain
Received 228 Likes on 148 Posts
Default Help! Quarter fairing for sb question

I purchased the HD quarter fairing Part Number 57070-97DH
with the supplied mounting brackets. Come to find out the supplied mounting brackets won't fit the Street Bob. I was also told I needed these
fork mounts http://www.kuryakyn.com/products/711...ce-fork-mounts which in the Kuryakyn catalogue are for fork mounted turn signal lights, not fairings. They might be WAY cheaper than the HD detactchable
clamps http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...-_-PAC+PDP+Top seen here.

What I'm wondering is how do others mount this HD quarter fairing on their SB. I did find another mounting bracket on Bung King for $95. Are there ANY other options out there????

Old 04-09-2016, 08:07 AM
Schwanz583
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bing King is the way to go. I've got one on my 13 sb and it worked perfect!! As far as I know it's the only one that works with the street bob forks. Well worth the money really high quality.

Old 04-09-2016, 08:58 AM
Maxxsmart
Road Master
Received 92 Likes on 84 Posts

Read through the thread... I think I remember at least one person using the Kuryakyn clamps. Either way, good source of info here.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...g-project.html

Old 04-09-2016, 07:35 PM
crtman21
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Maxxsmart
Read through the thread... I think I remember at least one person using the Kuryakyn clamps. Either way, good source of info here.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...g-project.html
Thanks Maxxsmart, I read through the thread, but wasn't really able to find a definate answer for the Kuryakyn clamps. I'll keep searching. I'm probably going to bite the bullet and get the BK mounting brackets for inside the fairing though. Seems to be the general consesus that those are the way to go.

Old 04-09-2016, 07:48 PM
crtman21
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Schwanz583
Bing King is the way to go. I've got one on my 13 sb and it worked perfect!! As far as I know it's the only one that works with the street bob forks. Well worth the money really high quality.

Thanks Schwanz,
I'm probably going to bite the bullet and get the BK. But still haven't found out how to mount it to the clamps I got. Might have to bite a bigger bullet and buy the HD QR clamps.

Old 04-09-2016, 09:22 PM
Maxxsmart
Road Master

I thought that thread had the answers you were looking for, but maybe it was a different one. When I did my fairing, I think I read a few different threads, one of them did address your question about the kury clamps. If I remember correctly, I believe the BK brackets bolt right up to those clamps with no problems. In fact, I think I remember someone saying that the fairing ends up tighter against the forks and head light. Either way, I've seen those clamps used by several people.

Old 04-09-2016, 09:25 PM
Maxxsmart
Road Master

One other thing... You can actually get the HD QR clamps for about the same cost of those kury clamps if you order from surdyke or boardtracker HD.

Last edited by Maxxsmart; 04-09-2016 at 09:53 PM.
The following users liked this post:
crtman21 (04-09-2016)
Old 04-09-2016, 10:20 PM
crtman21
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Maxxsmart
One other thing... You can actually get the HD QR clamps for about the same cost of those kury clamps if you order from surdyke or boardtracker HD.

thanks. I'm looking those up now. Actually right before you mentioned the fairing attaching directly to the Kury clamps it hit me that's probably what I'd be able to do with the BK clamps. haha..

BTW...I wanted the slingshot bars for my SB. I accidentally ordered the MX-Tbars. I haven't seen many bikes with the slingshots on them. I think they're pretty sick. But I don't feel like dealing with buying new bars and replacing the ones I have and then selling them. haha...I like how my bike looks regardless. If I can only get this fairing issue worked out. It's not as simple as I was hoping.

Old 06-09-2016, 03:19 PM
TJ->
Advanced
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

The HD 49mm clamps + Bung King kit is the only way to go. If you want a solid hassle-free installation.

Old 06-09-2016, 03:47 PM
East_Coast_Dyna_Mike
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

You can use either the Kury brackets or the HD clamps. But you'll need the Bung King brackets for either. The HD clamps will quick release, the Kury clamps are permanent, they'll put your fairing a little tighter than the HD clamps.

Quick Reply: Help! Quarter fairing for sb question