Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Cycle Engineering Motor Mount

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2016, 02:05 PM
bringtheruckus
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom Cycle Engineering Motor Mount

Another motor mount thread, I couldnt find anything on these so if I have missed something please point me in the right direction and delete this.

Just looking for any information, reviews, thoughts on the CCE motor mounts everything Ive come across is super vague. Im running a vibra technics front mount and was thinking about doing a BBC rear mount for a while as I still get wicked shuffle at high speeds and fast corners but have come across these CCE ones and am thinking of going that route instead.

http://www.hotbikeweb.com/front-and-...ounts-products

https://www.customcycleengineering.c...MotorMounts-96

Old 08-23-2016, 11:40 PM
HD Bobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 201 Likes on 154 Posts

Interesting, I'll stay tuned for more info myself.

Old 08-24-2016, 12:18 AM
emerican19
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

I was looking at it too, someone on one of the FB pages had good things to say, but it was kind of vague, like "bro this thing is f-King sick"! I asked for more info and he couldn't formulate actual words and real world testing. Lots of "best bang for your buck, wouldn't make any other choice" type stuff...but how was your bike before and how is it after dude?!!?

Old 08-24-2016, 08:40 AM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

I am sure they make a quality product but if you want stability for your rear wheel I would get a True Track or Sputhe rear stablizer. I don't know if it was the front mount, rear mount or both, but my wobble went away after installing the True Track stabilizers.

Old 08-24-2016, 10:04 AM
bringtheruckus
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HD Pilot
I am sure they make a quality product but if you want stability for your rear wheel I would get a True Track or Sputhe rear stablizer. I don't know if it was the front mount, rear mount or both, but my wobble went away after installing the True Track stabilizers.
Ive had both front and rear sputhes on my bike. Not saying they are bad or just my experience but I ended up taking the front off for the vibra technics front motor mount while still running the rear sputhe still get crazy wobbles and the bike seems super darty (can barely flick the bars at 60+mph and it could go into an easy tank slapper). After putting on that new front mount and added a CCE fork brace the bike has seemed much better for a while but it is making a come back. Possibly my rear mount is just shot now and a new one would make it better...but with most stuff if I replace it, I usually upgrade it.

just a note too bike has 28,500 on it now. bought it at 8k with the sputhes already on it. Reading about the stock mounts, I'd bet the rear is toast anyways

Old 08-24-2016, 10:23 AM
F86
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 898 Likes on 599 Posts

I just installed a CCE top mount. I'll post info regarding the installation and first impressions in a little bit... Super busy at work!

Old 08-24-2016, 02:36 PM
rjsimmons
Road Captain
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Y'all need to stop posting this stuff. It only serves to remind me that I will always have one more thing to do to properly maintain my bike...

Front Isolator ordered...

Old 08-24-2016, 03:11 PM
F86
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 898 Likes on 599 Posts

Originally Posted by rjsimmons
Y'all need to stop posting this stuff. It only serves to remind me that I will always have one more thing to do to properly maintain my bike...

Front Isolator ordered...
Yup! This forum costs me a fortune!

Old 08-24-2016, 11:48 PM
HD Bobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 201 Likes on 154 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by F86
Yup! This forum costs me a fortune!
I second that! Bike was stock till I became a member

Old 08-26-2016, 01:39 PM
newdyna
Intermediate
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just a quick bit on handling problems. I had a Buell that was crazy in corners...would seem to want to slide out from under me with no apparent reason. The Buell meisters told me mounts, which are much more complex than these. So, after repeated notes, I changed the mounts, front and rear, neither of which seemed bad. Did not correct the problems. Tires, then front forks. And, voila, when I had the forks OFF, I could finally feel the steer stem bearings....bad, bad. The fork stem bearings fixed all the problems. Could not feel it, even with front end up and swing the front end. Hmmm.....just food for thought, not new toys.

Quick Reply: Custom Cycle Engineering Motor Mount