Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need lowest available seat for Dyna

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 08:53 AM
LAFO
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Need lowest available seat for Dyna

Hi,

Can you guys throw at me some options for lowering my seating position. I´m a bit tal and would like to go lower and possibly move a bit back.

Interested because i´m interested in getting a solo seat. Two up can also be an option if it really does lower me a lot.

Thanks

Old 01-16-2017, 09:51 AM
Nickd2689
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 257 Likes on 199 Posts

I could be wrong, but I believe the factory street bob solo seat is the lowest you'll find. There are lowering kits available as well. You'd be surprised how much a difference 2 inches will make (just ask the ladies)

Old 01-16-2017, 10:11 AM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

The height of the seat will come at a cost of padding. If that's not a concern, look at the Lepera Bare bones. I'm surprised that you are tall and asking for a lower seat.

Old 01-16-2017, 10:13 AM
PanHeadRich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

Look at the Le Pera line. They offer the lowest, thinest, most miserable seats in the industry!

Old 01-16-2017, 10:17 AM
Nickd2689
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 257 Likes on 199 Posts

How tall is "a bit tall"? I'm 5-11 and have the factory Fxdb seat on my fxdls. I can place my feet flat on the ground with my knees slightly bent, and to me, it's way more comfortable than the factory fxdls seat, or my Badlander 2 up seat. And I ride out of state with it. The Badlander isn't the lowest seat, but it works for me but it's very uncomfortable after a hour or so.

Old 01-16-2017, 10:20 AM
LAFO
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Nickd2689
I could be wrong, but I believe the factory street bob solo seat is the lowest you'll find. There are lowering kits available as well. You'd be surprised how much a difference 2 inches will make (just ask the ladies)
Thanks Nick,

I went ahead and did a search and it does look low but not low enough.

The lowest seats I found were the Le Pera Bare Bones and the Mustang Run Around. Atleast they look lower in the picture.

I´m also guessing your talking about a suspenson lowering kit and not a seat lowering kit. I did try a DK loering kit, that loweres 1" or 2" but this caused my exhoust to touch on curves, and my brake caliper to tuch my rear fender. Ruled out lowering the rear of the bike due to that.

Old 01-16-2017, 10:29 AM
LAFO
Cruiser

Originally Posted by EricInNCa
The height of the seat will come at a cost of padding. If that's not a concern, look at the Lepera Bare bones. I'm surprised that you are tall and asking for a lower seat.
One day I removed my stock seat, placed plain padding and the bike felt nice and low. Like a moderate chopper. Liked how it felt with the HD mini apes and me being lower. Didn't feel loss of control or discomfort while stopping. So why not.

Old 01-16-2017, 11:14 AM
rjo3491
Road Master
Received 150 Likes on 103 Posts
Default Lowest Seat

I have a LePara Bare Bones. I don't know if you can get much lower. Cool for in town, but I'd definitely swap out for a Mustang for a road trip.

Old 01-16-2017, 11:24 AM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,082 Likes on 1,909 Posts

Originally Posted by PanHeadRich
Look at the Le Pera line. They offer the lowest, thinest, most miserable seats in the industry!
Had a Le Pera Bare bones with gel on my Shovel at one time. Bar none the most "uncomfortable" seat I have had in my 48 years of Harley riding.

The following users liked this post:
LAFO (01-16-2017)
Old 01-16-2017, 11:30 AM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 730 Likes on 502 Posts

Originally Posted by Nickd2689
...factory street bob solo seat is the...
Let me finish this sentence:"...worst piece of crap ever invented unless you are abnormal in physical appearance."

Originally Posted by PanHeadRich

The cold truth is you can't win on the seating positions of these things, you can only adjust to less discomfort.

I'm 6'2, use the Sick Saddles solo. It sets me back more than stock, can't remember anymore if I sit lower or the same, I just know it is night and day better than the stock seat. I would like to try it with the ability of going back another 3/4" but still, love it just the same.

There are so many combinations regarding the seat, bars, and pegs.......good luck.

The following users liked this post:
LAFO (01-16-2017)

Quick Reply: Need lowest available seat for Dyna