Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Satans Dyna Fxrt Build

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2017, 07:33 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 730 Likes on 502 Posts

Hah, boy did you get taken! I got things from HF that look like those for $8.50 and (bonus kicker) got a free LED flashlight with a coupon!

Originally Posted by LTLOTW
Cams/bike parts or a new gun may be coming early. Just scored these for $85. Still in disbelief. I may hang on to the mitutoyo calipers.

Old 06-18-2017, 12:40 PM
LTLOTW
Advanced
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Nemosengineer
Amazing Score.

: Mike
didn't even have to play anyone. Bought em from a recently retired machinist. She looked rough, my guess is drug money.

Originally Posted by Suede Blue Man
Hah, boy did you get taken! I got things from HF that look like those for $8.50 and (bonus kicker) got a free LED flashlight with a coupon!
yea I got those too. Good for when i cant tell if something is a foot or a yard haha. The smoothness on the mitutoyo is enough to make me wanna keep it.

Old 06-18-2017, 10:13 PM
kbiker76
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

So what was the issue with the Big Bear fairing?

Old 06-19-2017, 06:34 AM
Nikolaiownz
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I would get a JD fxrt fairing..

nice build.. looking forward to seeing the final result

Old 06-19-2017, 01:30 PM
LTLOTW
Advanced

Originally Posted by kbiker76
So what was the issue with the Big Bear fairing?
Oh just wait I'll have a large company review thread. The good and the bad.

Originally Posted by Nikolaiownz
I would get a JD fxrt fairing..

nice build.. looking forward to seeing the final result
Ive seen those fairings . They are nice and a good price. Just looking for something a little different. Thanks!

Old 06-19-2017, 01:46 PM
LTLOTW
Advanced

Pulled the exhaust off again to insert the proper bung adaptors. The stock 12mm lambda sensors will be used to get me home (only a 30 min ride). The next day my tuner should be in so I'll pull everything off again to Install the 18mm sensors. I'll ride the bike while I'm waiting for my bags and fairings that way i can tune it and be ready to ride and fully done hopefully in one month.

A little anti seize never hurt. One thing I did notice while reinstalling the exhaust is the anchor point for the spring was welded on backwards.

You can see the spring detent is on the wrong side. The spring doesn't sit right. It's the small details that sets the quality of bikes and builds apart. I may just end up notching it with a Dremel but it's not a big deal over all.

here is how my bike sits now. I jacked the rear end up to simulate my new extended shocks I'll be receiving. As you can see it's one ugly gap. But that's where my bags come in to play and once it has some weight on it, it shouldn't be too bad.

Ordered some new bags that are 4x less the cost of what I just sent back. Can't wait to compare the quality. I know for a fact the cheap ones will be better.

Last edited by LTLOTW; 06-19-2017 at 01:51 PM.
Old 06-22-2017, 06:51 PM
F150HD
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,270 Likes on 836 Posts

browsing thread titles at a glance I thought I read

Satans Dyna Fart Build

__

Old 06-23-2017, 09:34 PM
LTLOTW
Advanced

Finished my bike up and rode it home. It's not the same bike at all. The mids, solid handle bar bushings, seat, and new front forks..... This thing is ****ing tight. The bike feels so solid and good on the highway, im ready to ride across the country. I was really not sure on the seat as It puts you forward and sits you up high making my bars feel low. But the way it takes Ohio's **** roads and just sucks up the vibration of everything, its enough to make me want to keep it. Im very impressed with the seat and once my rear suspension gets here I know it'll be like riding on a cloud.

I received my new bags and I'm very impressed with them. 100x better than Big Bears bags and cost me 4x less. However they have shock cutouts and I'm going to wait till my new shocks come in to mount them. I'm also doing a little modification to make the bags look cleaner but I'll post on that when I get my shocks. I'll mount the bags, shocks, and flush mount plate/lights all in one go.

everything on the bike is awesome and I'm back in love with it. It feels like a whole new machine. The only thing that sucked was the power. I Didn't really get on it, but on my ride home, about 30 min highway, I could tell it was robbed of power and needed some fattening up. Luckily when I got home my tuner was by the front door.

I ended up getting a powervision shop kit using my schools discount. The package comes with the powervision, wideband o2 sensors, autotune module, and connectors for the old j1850 and the new can bus system.

First thing I did was lay everything out. The kit doesn't come with instructions so unless you know this ****, good luck. It's actually not hard at all just use your head and you'll be good. The worst part is wiring the widebands to the autotune itself. It is straight forward but the system they used is stupid. The wires are pre soldered. they are stiff so you can push them through a rubber weather barrier and into a clamping mechanism. I had problems with the solder being to sloppy and even had to a strip some of the wires to make it work. Not a big deal but I'm not sure why they couldn't just use a plug....

Had to pull the exhaust off to get the stock o2 sensors and the 12mm adaptors off. You can see the difference between the wideband sensor and the stock o2 sensor.

I ended up wiring everything hidden and secure but temporary and easy to remove. I'm not leaving the unit on for very long, just until I get enough information in enough cells and then I will reflash the ecu with the new tune. I selected a preconfigured map as a base tune, and now I'm using autotune pro to reconfigure the map specifically for my bike and mods.

Here you can see the cells that filled up from a ride around the block. In the next few days I'll ride some curvy roads, do some highway traveling, ride through town and get the rest of the table filled in.

Old 06-24-2017, 11:48 PM
Lawleywood
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LTLOTW

Here you can see the cells that filled up from a ride around the block. In the next few days I'll ride some curvy roads, do some highway traveling, ride through town and get the rest of the table filled in.
Just a quick tip, you want to fill as many of those cells up as you can in with red. The color changes with the number of times that specific cell is hit during the ride. The more you have filled up and the more in red the better the tune will be. Should be a lot easier with the pro kit to tune.

Old 06-25-2017, 03:17 PM
LTLOTW
Advanced

Originally Posted by Lawleywood
Just a quick tip, you want to fill as many of those cells up as you can in with red. The color changes with the number of times that specific cell is hit during the ride. The more you have filled up and the more in red the better the tune will be. Should be a lot easier with the pro kit to tune.
good looking out ! I road the bike alot this weekend. About to meet up with a buddy. I'm actually color blind red and green so i can't really tell what's going on. Everything looks brown. I'll ask my buddy what it looks like when i see him haha. My best guess is it's alot of red now.

Quick Reply: Satans Dyna Fxrt Build