Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

motor mount stabalizer

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2018, 03:29 AM
Arseclown
Road Captain
Received 181 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by Dyna100
Alan Sputhe died, but Sputhe Engineering is still accepting orders. Last time I ordered they didn't accept credit cards. If I remember correctly, they shipped it COD. I also was not satisfied with the Predator mount. The Sputhe did improve the handling of my 2003 Wide Glide. I don't really feel the need for one on my 2015 Low Rider. Could be the Low Rider only has a few thousand miles on it and everything still feels tight.
When did Alan pass away?
I ordered sputhe stabilisers for the front and rear. Order and all questions and answers were done easily via email and payment accepted via PayPal. Delivery was quick too.

Old 02-12-2018, 12:20 PM
Dyna100
Tourer
Received 56 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Arseclown
When did Alan pass away?
I ordered sputhe stabilisers for the front and rear. Order and all questions and answers were done easily via email and payment accepted via PayPal. Delivery was quick too.

In 2017

Old 02-12-2018, 12:25 PM
Dyna100
Tourer

Originally Posted by Tnbrit
Ok thanks,just curious,i'm considering ordering one,may start a new thread.
If you don't mind a second question,what is a "solid"top mount is that a better construction,or none adjustable?.
Thanks.
Solid top mount is just a heim joint without the rubber cushioning. Got the idea from another thread on this forum. Can't remember the thread. Didn't feel any difference.

The following users liked this post:
Tnbrit (02-13-2018)
Old 02-12-2018, 04:58 PM
hell hound
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 128 Likes on 106 Posts

So i ordered the sputhe. Price on the website includes tax and shipping. I had to order it over the phone and pay cod at the post office. She said they have a lot in stock.

cant wait to get it. The true track did great things to my last bike, so im sure this will do the same and look a little cleaner in the front.

Old 02-13-2018, 11:03 AM
robertomendo
Cruiser
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I just put a Predator on my switchback a couple hundred miles ago because my stock mount was shot. I can only say it is great so far. Terrible pothole roads where I live and no problems I can feel plus the vibrations I had between 2400 and 3000 rpms are gone.
I ordered it from England on a Friday and it was delivered to my door on the west coast on Monday.

Old 02-13-2018, 11:14 AM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,749 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Solid top mount is just a heim joint without the rubber cushioning. Got the idea from another thread on this forum. Can't remember the thread. Didn't feel any difference.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...top-mount.html

I also went to the solid top stabilizer. It required a bit of fitting to work with my '13 but once installed it made achieving a 0.00 vertical alignment very easy. I do notice the difference, especially in long sweeping corners. Also, there was a very slight increase in vibrations at idle and low RPM's, but nothing at all objectionable.

F86 (02-13-2018)
Old 02-13-2018, 08:11 PM
F86
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 898 Likes on 599 Posts

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...top-mount.html

I also went to the solid top stabilizer. It required a bit of fitting to work with my '13 but once installed it made achieving a 0.00 vertical alignment very easy. I do notice the difference, especially in long sweeping corners. Also, there was a very slight increase in vibrations at idle and low RPM's, but nothing at all objectionable.
As TinCup knows, I did the same thing. It definitely made it easier to align the rear wheel vertically (partly because there is no rubber sleeve, and partly because of having a turnbuckle). My particular hardware does get squeaky sometimes, but a little shot of chain wax cures it for awhile. One day I'll assemble one with better components, but for now I'm happy with it.

TinCupChalice (02-14-2018)
Old 02-13-2018, 09:38 PM
Dyna100
Tourer

Originally Posted by F86
As TinCup knows, I did the same thing. It definitely made it easier to align the rear wheel vertically (partly because there is no rubber sleeve, and partly because of having a turnbuckle). My particular hardware does get squeaky sometimes, but a little shot of chain wax cures it for awhile. One day I'll assemble one with better components, but for now I'm happy with it.
Mine squeaks too. If you find better hardware let us know. I've been keeping me eye out for some aircraft grade hiems. It took me a bit to figure out where the squeak was coming from. It sometimes get better when the bike is leaned over a bit.

Old 02-13-2018, 09:50 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Mine squeaks too. If you find better hardware let us know. I've been keeping me eye out for some aircraft grade hiems. It took me a bit to figure out where the squeak was coming from. It sometimes get better when the bike is leaned over a bit.
https://www.midwestcontrol.com/

The following 2 users liked this post by cggorman:
Dyna100 (02-14-2018), TinCupChalice (02-14-2018)
Old 02-14-2018, 10:24 PM
Dyna100
Tourer

Originally Posted by cggorman
Any chance you know which one in this catalog is the correct part? I know the eye is 3/8 but don't know if the shaft is metric or SAE or the size of the shaft. I'd like to try some new ends, but I don't want to disassemble every until the parts arrive.

Quick Reply: motor mount stabalizer