Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dual Disk Brembo Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2018, 10:33 PM
Highwaymans
Road Warrior
Received 493 Likes on 331 Posts

Originally Posted by AbeVigoda
I like projects and dumping stupid amounts of money into my bike. But really, I want better stopping power and like the look of dual disk. And finding reasonably priced, good looking mags for single disk would be just as much, if not more, than doing the dual disk setup. LRS mags aren’t even that much.

From one one side of the fence, this brembo conversion does not work... unless you go with VROD sliders. And I’ve also spoken with folks who have done it, and it works with FXDLS sliders. That’s why I’m so damned confused.
I own a LRS....... The touring brembos DO NOT work...... They ride above the rotor like earlier posted.....

I get what your saying about money...... But I can tell you from a guy always on crotchrockets, the AN big rotor kit with Lyndall pads flat out works and makes braking a 1 or 2 finger deal..... So much Im doing the same with my bagger.

Slap an extra lower, dual disc wheel, AN set of rotors and brackets, stock calipers and good aftermarket pads and be done EZ PZ.

Old 09-21-2018, 03:20 PM
tcazes
Tourer
Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

the an big rotor AND a tokiko caliper is even better....

Old 09-23-2018, 02:27 AM
Dynaglide92
Road Master
Received 188 Likes on 136 Posts

Finished my dual disc swap earlier this season

dual galfer rotors
stainless lines
speed merchant radial adapters
tokico calipers
sintered hh galfer pads (to retain warranty)
brembo rcs 19 radial master

huge improvement compared to having a single disc. The tokico have no issue grabbing but I feel the main benefit of the swap was changing the master out. Lever feel and modulation is butter smooth and not the simple hard rock lever feel I got with the stock master.

Old 09-23-2018, 02:45 AM
tcazes
Tourer
Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Dynaglide92

dual galfer rotors
stainless lines
tokico calipers

huge improvement compared to having a single disc. The tokico have no issue grabbing but I feel the main benefit of the swap was changing the master out. Lever feel and modulation is butter smooth and not the simple hard rock lever feel I got with the stock master.
The mc is the most overlooked and underrated part of the braking system it feels like. That is where 99% OF THE FEEL comes from.

Old 10-17-2018, 08:49 PM
rs1250xl
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Dynaglide92

dual galfer rotors
stainless lines
tokico calipers

Reviving an old thread, but out of curiosity what size rotors did you go with? In the process of gathering parts to do a radial swap this winter.

Old 10-17-2018, 09:16 PM
Dynaglide92
Road Master
Received 188 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by rs1250xl
Reviving an old thread, but out of curiosity what size rotors did you go with? In the process of gathering parts to do a radial swap this winter.

11.8 wave rotors I opted not to go bigger due to price but I will say it is a great improvement none the less these things will bite

The following users liked this post:
rs1250xl (10-18-2018)
Old 11-05-2018, 08:49 PM
Groundhog143
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

I have a set of Galfer Floating rotors , Tokico Calipers and Adapters , Galfer Brake Pads this setup was on my 2002 Road king..

Last edited by Groundhog143; 11-05-2018 at 09:09 PM. Reason: pics
Old 11-07-2018, 08:17 AM
Krash26
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Any photos of the finished job?

Old 11-07-2018, 11:47 AM
AbeVigoda
Intermediate
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Not yet. Still gathering some parts (when I parts, I mean mags). I'll post pics and parts list when it's finished.

Old 11-08-2018, 04:16 PM
Jay Risk
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Update on '06 Street Bob Conversion to Dual Brakes

Originally Posted by FastHarley
Please read my post much more carefully. Both questions A & B are addressed. Search going back around 2006 or so and I spent a few hours giving a How-To instructional more than a few times. Right after that this member (who posted the wheel picture) did exactly what I stated not to do. I indicated how to do it and also indicated how not to do it as per & why not. Read Jay Risk('s) write up.
I haven't been on the forum for several years but saw this post and had to respond. In 2008 Howard Messner (MotorcycleMetal.com) developed a dual disc brake system for my '06 Dyna. It is a beautiful braking system and one of the most important improvements I made to the bike. Stopping distance from 50 mph to zero went from 95 feet (stock brakes) to 70 feet- a major and potentially life-saving improvement in stopping power. The brakes are Harley Brembo on V-Rod lowers after-market pads. I have 69,000 miles on the bike now and just came back from a 2,000 mile trip to Ft. Lauderdale area where Howard pulled my Ohlins drop-in cartridges and rear shocks, cleaned, replaced shims and did a full service on the suspension (I was amazed to watch Howard and how advanced the technology of the Ohlins systems is). I rode 12 hours from Ft. Lauderdale to Atlanta in one day on the way back to Chicago and never felt tired- the suspension is THAT good! So are the brakes. I have been in near miss situations where the brakes and suspension have saved my bacon...and my marriage!

The following users liked this post:
F86 (11-08-2018)

Quick Reply: Dual Disk Brembo Conversion