Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wrong FP3 map, better feel?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2019, 08:59 AM
HyperM3
Road Captain
Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Wrong FP3 map, better feel?

So Ive had my FP3 for about 5 years now and Ive had the same map the whole time. I have a DK 587 intake with V&H 2-1 exhaust and I used a map made for that.

A few weeks ago I decided to try autotuning the bike and had a couple good hour long rides recording them. I didnt flash the rides, I only hit "apply" so I could continue running the autotune.

Needless to say, I forgot to hit autotune the next couple rides and while the bike didnt have any hiccups, I could feel the engine getting hotter than normal, but it felt great.

Today before my ride to work I remembered to try to set the autotune up. I discovered the stock ECU map was flashed and the autotune map wasnt there. I ended up just flashing the intake/exhaust map and went on my way.

First thing I noticed was I didnt have as much pull as I apparently did on the stock map. There was less vibration in the engine and it definitely ran cooler, but I didnt feel as much push in the seats at WOT when changing gears.

Old 06-10-2019, 02:52 PM
dmonger
Road Master
Received 188 Likes on 123 Posts

Take it to a good Dyno shop and get it done right.

Old 06-10-2019, 03:42 PM
HyperM3
Road Captain
Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by dmonger
Take it to a good Dyno shop and get it done right.
I dont think you can program the FP3 on a dyno. Havent had an issue with it, was just an odd observation. Throttle response felt smoother but more lazy on the correct map, snappier and more aggressive on the wrong map.

Old 06-10-2019, 03:57 PM
vanceandhines
Former Sponsor
Received 178 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by HyperM3
I dont think you can program the FP3 on a dyno. Havent had an issue with it, was just an odd observation. Throttle response felt smoother but more lazy on the correct map, snappier and more aggressive on the wrong map.
Depending on the year and model you bike may be compatible with the Fuelpak Pro, which was designed on the premise that FP3 owners could go to shops and get their bikes dyno tuned.

That being said, it could just as easily be a throttle progressivity setting, or another quick table adjustment to get you back your ride feel.

-Bryan