Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Withdrawals?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 07:46 PM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

Hell, I'm just wanting it DRY so I can ride. As long as it's not too far below 30, I'm good... no heated nothing. Already rode to work at 24deg... wasn't that bad. 40deg is fine for a good afternoon spin

Old 11-12-2008, 07:54 PM
Double00Aught
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Back in '99 we were training on a mountain in Germany in January. Never heard actual temps from the powers that be, but there is no doubt in my mind it was well below zero. Chit was frozen solid, everything. People started falling out from frostbite, even a few medics had it. No matter all the precautions I took I started to get minor symptoms of frostbite in my fingers and toes. Never got it full force, but today whenever it drops below freezing I lose all feeling in those fingers, toes aren't so bad.

So when riding in 40 degree weather, the windchill makes my fingers numb up something terrible. Good gloves help, but have yet found any to stop it totally.

Old 11-12-2008, 08:08 PM
XKROME
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

filled the tanks and put gas stabilizer in both bikes yesterday with a F'n monsoon going on outside. then to get it down into the rest of the fuel system I opened the garage door, backed both bikes out just enough to keep exhaust out and started them. gave me a chance to compare Vance & Hines to Reinhard's ( I like the V&H better) then I gunned m both at the same time for a Veterans Day salute for my neighbors and a slight fix for my ridding withdrawals.... only helped temporarily but it did make the wife and I smile an laugh a little. then i pulled them back in and connected the battery tenders

Old 11-12-2008, 08:10 PM
Double00Aught
Road Master

Originally Posted by XKROME
filled the tanks and put gas stabilizer in both bikes yesterday with a F'n monsoon going on outside. then to get it down into the rest of the fuel system I opened the garage door, backed both bikes out just enough to keep exhaust out and started them. gave me a chance to compare Vance & Hines to Reinhard's ( I like the V&H better) then I gunned m both at the same time for a Veterans Day salute for my neighbors and a slight fix for my ridding withdrawals.... only helped temporarily but it did make the wife and I smile an laugh a little. then i pulled them back in and connected the battery tenders
Winter sucks

Old 11-12-2008, 08:12 PM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

I feel for you guys. I start complaining when its in the 50's!! But of course, being that I live in south Florida, I don't have any sort of leather gear or anything, as I believe its a waste of money to only wear a couple times a year. But, I'll be riding to work tomorrow morning, and every day this year! But, downside is that it rains a lot here.. kinda annoying

Old 11-12-2008, 08:21 PM
domenicp7
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

We have a cold front coming on the weekend. Great I get to use the jacket. Its the reverse in the summer here to hot to ride. The bikes run great when the temps are in the 50's, 60's and the balmy 70's during the winter months.

Old 11-12-2008, 08:28 PM
Double00Aught
Road Master

Originally Posted by domenicp7
We have a cold front coming on the weekend. Great I get to use the jacket. Its the reverse in the summer here to hot to ride. The bikes run great when the temps are in the 50's, 60's and the balmy 70's during the winter months.

I'd love to ride in Texas. I lived in Killeen in '94 -'95. You're right, summers are almost too hot, but those winters are so pleasent. I have an uncle in DFW, might need to go see him sometime soon.

Old 11-12-2008, 08:43 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by archergodwin
Hell, I'm just wanting it DRY so I can ride. As long as it's not too far below 30, I'm good... no heated nothing. Already rode to work at 24deg... wasn't that bad. 40deg is fine for a good afternoon spin
Originally Posted by XKROME
Arch - good on you!

Jay - I can't believe you put the bikes up ... I figured that's why you got the police RK. You should just get a (QD) fairing (bare bones about $800) to keep the rain and wind-chill off your hands and maybe some fairing lowers (primer finish $377 shipped from Chicago Harley) or at least some 'desert dog' snap on engine guard chaps (~$50 or so) to keep the rain and road spray off your feet.

I guess you've seen my fairing photos ...! I just got an e-mail that my lowers shipped today and should arrive at my house next Tue (I'll be out to sea until later in the week--bummer).

I expect to be riding all winter ...

R/
Priest

Old 11-13-2008, 01:25 AM
ccstreetbob
Advanced
Default Winter sucks

I'd love to get some down time on the bike to do some mods. The weather here never really gives me an excuse to park her. It's just ride ride ride.

Old 11-13-2008, 01:43 AM
OhioSkully
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Kill me to man just north of columbus ohio here and i ride anytime i can always try to get a ride in every month of the year watch for the nice days and go. But now it suck rainny and cold or since i work 2nd its so cold in morning to ride and by afternoon iam at work.
My wife says the same thing iam an *** and get cabin fever bad cause for cpl years i ran fishing tournaments and i love to ride nothing i do now fits in with snow and cold weather other than being grumpy. I do spend alot of time at my dads heated garage drinking beer doing mods and wishing spring would come lol.

Quick Reply: Withdrawals?