Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuners

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 09:49 AM
YellowHawk
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Tuners

I realize this subject has been beaten to death on here. I have an 06 Superglide with Screamin' Eagle Pro II Slip-Fit Mufflers. I am going to install the SE A/C or the Heavy Breather. I need a tuning device, PCIII or whatever that I can get a canned map for SE parts and run it. What's the simplest option that will work best for me. Or would I be better off just getting the HD stage download since I'm using SE parts? I really didn't want to go through the dyno tuning...I'm not looking to squeeze every bit of power out of the bike, just get a little more and a cooler running engine. Thanks. I have done searches and read several threads on this subject but I just want to know the simplest option.

Old 01-11-2009, 10:20 AM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

Well the moco Stg.1 download is going to cost you 150 bucks. That would be the simplest.

I like the idea and map support of the PCIII, but the engineer in me just doesn't like the idea of running open loop... even if it works just fine... So the Max Auto-tune system appeals to me, although it's a bit more cash (~700), but don't have to worry about doing any other mods, as it will handle it. Maybe in the future....

I've got the Stg.1 SE A/C and V&H Straightshot slip ons, w/Stg.1 download. I have not had the chance to run her in real hot weather (100+), but I don't feel any abnormal heat.

Old 01-11-2009, 10:21 AM
jmpancoast
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lots of options and opinions for this. If you are not sure what you want, or not sure whether or not your current set-up will change in the future, you can get the Harley download cartridge for your bike on eBay for $25.00. This is the same download the dealer installs, just $125.00 cheaper. It will richen your fuel/air mixture for the stage 1, but doesn't tie up hundreds of bucks as you determine if your choices are permanent.

Old 01-11-2009, 10:36 AM
YellowHawk
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

If I purchase one of the cartridges off ebay, I have to take it to the HD dealer to have it loaded correct? I have seen the stage 1 legal cartridge on ebay for my bike...they have a race version, P/N 34386-06 1450 Stage 1 Race, which adds more fuel and I would like to have it. I just haven't found it on there yet.

Last edited by YellowHawk; 01-11-2009 at 10:39 AM.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:48 AM
Goddahavit
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Archer, i do not want to sidetrack the thread, but do you get any surging with the stage 1, v&h slipons?

I have that setup and xied's and surging, im going to remove the xieds but its been freezing, and snowing here, so no test rides for a wile.

Thanks, Eric.

P.S the surging was there prior to the stage1 with just the slip ons as well,

Old 01-11-2009, 10:54 AM
Kaycee
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

OK what is a XIED?This is what I would like to do allso but if the pc3 or V&H fuel pak or ? is the most trouble free then I guess it would be worth the $.

Old 01-11-2009, 12:08 PM
SuperFastGlide
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

pc111 from feul moto, jamie will pre_program it with whatever setup your running..
i dont think the "cartridges " are compatable with the newer bikes..
the pc111 will give you flexibility for future exhuast and performance upgrades as well..
i love mine, always works perfectlly.. the stage 1 download is a waste of money in my opinion..

Old 01-11-2009, 01:47 PM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Goddahavit
Archer, i do not want to sidetrack the thread, but do you get any surging with the stage 1, v&h slipons?....
I PM'd ya.

Old 01-11-2009, 06:31 PM
MNrider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 on the PCIII from fuelmoto. I've done ied's and xied's and I prefer the PCIII. If you get it from Jaime, you can get more downloads from him when you make other changes to the exhaust or A/C. Plus you can fine tune it with a laptop hookup. And you could always dyno it later if you wanted. I have not dyno'd mine, but maybe someday I will. Do a search, you'll find tons of info here.

Old 01-11-2009, 07:31 PM
jake40ma
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question

Archer,
I have also been considering a pc111 or a pc v but am interested in the difference of open loop or closed loop I haven't got a clue what the difference is Can somebody clue me in on this in simple to understand lingo?? Thanks

Quick Reply: Tuners