Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

replacement motor mounts

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 08:51 PM
Robottom
Road Master
Received 138 Likes on 58 Posts
Default Count me in

Originally Posted by mudpuddle
Sounds like their component may very well be a good solution to this issue.

Just got off the phone with them
and it does sound like they are producing a high quality piece.

Time will tell.

89 bux, so the price is right.

Said a few weeks for the front
rear to follow soon after, although the rear is not such an issue.

mud
If there is a group buy when they are ready to go, I'm in for the front mount and will probably buy the rear also if that's an option. I just went through the cost and hassle or buying and installing a True-Track only to find out that the front motor mount is already crap, < 3500 miles on a 09 FXDF. @#$%^&*()*&^%$^(&%$#@%^& AAAAAAHHHHH.

Old 03-16-2009, 08:58 PM
2002fxdp
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea, i'm ready as soon as they have em

Old 03-16-2009, 09:38 PM
Donny
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I was at a dealer the other day to look at a new XR in person, and one of the sales guys started talking to me about my bike. I told him about the vibration and he told me that my mount is bad. I told him that none of the dealers seem to believe me, and he said "nonsense, we check every rubber mount that comes through here, even if it's just in for an oil change, because it's a common problem...take it around to the service door." So i did, and the "tech" came out, and eyeballed it, and said "well, I can't tell without taking the mount off and visually inspecting it, and if it's not noticeably bad, you'll have to pay shop time and parts, and it's the baggers that have the problems, not dynas" I told him to just look at the difference between mine and the new bike sitting next to mine and it'll be obvious, and take it for a ride, and you'll see that it's NOT normal. He said I'd have to make an appointment to bring it in.
I'll just fix it myself, like I had planned in the first place. At least I know it'll be done, and won't need HD's approval.

Old 03-16-2009, 10:07 PM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

wow........guess its time to take some time off of this forum.
first of all, most of you have diff. bikes than mine. i have an 02, most of you have 06 and newer.....diff bike
second of all, just b/c a particular part of design has been used for a while, doesnt ness. mean that it works.
all i wanted to know was if there a better, more durable mount available. i didnt want to hear how someone was convinced on this forum to take their perfectly good, NEW bike to the dealer and demand new parts put on just b/c that part failed on someone elses bike.
i'm not building a crotch rocket.
i know the limits of the bike i'm workin with. if i wanted a Buell, i would have gotten one.
But i can certainly explore my options to make MY bike be what i want it to be.
Certainly the LAST thread i'll ever start..........unless its about slip on mufflers or some sweet ape hangers........................................... ......................................
Ah man, don't go out like that. I hope your able to stay around on these forums. Its good to have ya here man. Don't let some of these people get to ya brotha. You know what you've got going on, and you know what you need to do. Don't let anyone else try to tell you otherwise.

I suppose I'll wait around for these new poly motor mounts. I'd be afraid that it wouldn't cure much of the vibrations, but if it won't have any ill affects, then I'm down for it. Lets see if we can get a group buy going on. $89 is cheap already, but I'm sure if they had 20-30 buying at the same time, they'll shoot a discount.

Anyway, thanks for this thread. I'm definitely bookmarking it.

Old 03-25-2009, 07:09 PM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Any updates on these mounts?

Old 03-26-2009, 12:07 PM
GREENOHAWK69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 556 Likes on 330 Posts

Had to replace the FRONT and REAR motor mounts on my '97 Wide Glide @ ~ 41K miles. Started hearing metal on metal noise that was not a "normal" noise I had heard. Originally just replaced the front and had to go back two days later and have the rear. Replaced with HD mounts and the problem cleared up...I could see less vibration in the engine and no metal on metal noise.

Old 04-28-2009, 02:41 PM
Zinje
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am interested in these mounts also..... add me to the list IF there is a group buy thing going on.

Old 04-28-2009, 07:40 PM
seniorsuperglideE8
Supporter

Received 4,309 Likes on 2,356 Posts

Boy, I feel pretty lucky 34k+ miles on the original front mount. Still rides smooth as new.
Oh yea, 02 FXD.

Old 12-13-2017, 12:25 PM
Renegade946
6th Gear

I am replacing mine on my Dyna Wide Glide after 46,000 miles. They are factory and they are not that bad, but I decided to replace them anyway.

Old 12-16-2017, 02:36 PM
Renegade946
6th Gear

I need help. I just replaced my front and rear motor mounts and when I finished, I took it off of the jack and was going to test ride it and I have no power when I turn the ignition on. Prior to replacing the motor mounts, I had power. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

Quick Reply: replacement motor mounts