Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True Track = awesome= scary

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 04:28 PM
Centerline
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

That is a good report to read. Like he mentioned, the beast begins to go its own way on hi speed sweepers. I have found that magic "hi-speed" to be 60 mph and more. I rode my bike in April on four consecutive weekdays near the end of the month on highway 129's tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap. My Dyna did not have ANY stabilizers on it front or rear, but did have progressive 440 shocks 1/2" longer than stock and my front forks are fitted flush with the top triple tree. The bike handled fantastically in those tight curves where none of the curves tight radiuses allow a Harley to go more than maybe 45 mph.
Scraped totally thru the mid mount pegs and scraped about a half inch of the length of the pegs. BTW, it was on the stock 427 tires with over 9,000 miles on them at the time and was run both wet and dry. The bike handled the tight curves like it was on rails.
Running the bike on hi speed sweepers (over 60 mph) (Cherahola Skyway) produced dramatically different handling results, as in nearly scary with the damn rear end flailing along wanting for the most part to go a different direction than the front end of the bike.

Old 06-08-2009, 04:44 PM
Ben Riden
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for posting your thoughts on the True Track, it always good to read someone opinion on a product I'm considering buying.

Bob

Originally Posted by zoopman
I have experianced the rear wheel wobble on the long sweepers at speed with my FXD. Well I finally bought the true track that I have read about many times on the forum here.
I installed this on the bike yesterday. What is scary is I went for a ride after installing the true track to see if this thing really works as advertized.

I was taking some corners at speeds of 25 to 35 miles over the posted speed limit to feel the rear wheel wobble or rear wheel oversteer (whatever you want to call it--as you know what I mean if you have experianced this) and there is no more rear wheel wobble or rear wheel steering anymore. Well this thing really works and I say is scary because I found myself going way to fast to test this true track thing. The bike rides like it's on a rail--straight and true. I think I'll slow it down now and enjoy my ride like it should have been designed in the first place. Just sharing my thoughts with you all and thought some here would be interested.

Old 06-15-2009, 07:38 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,854 Likes on 2,420 Posts

Originally Posted by Ben Riden
Thanks for posting your thoughts on the True Track, it always good to read someone opinion on a product I'm considering buying.

Bob
Bob,

Just do it! I have TT kits on both Dyna and Glide. We just got back from a 2,500 mile tour to Slovakia from the UK and rode many twisty back roads as well as the German autobahns, in company with recent BMW bikes. My old Glide kept up and was more stable in cross-winds than any of them, which is not bad for a near 20 year old bike!

Old 06-15-2009, 07:47 AM
Newhawk
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gwjvw
I ride hard sometimes and in turns in the mountains and i have never felt this wobble whatever thing you guys call it! Wonder why? 350 on that dam,no one can see it and its not even chrome :-)

Does it interfer with the js jack mounting locations at all?
It is not the twisties that brings out the problem. It was on the long sweepers interstate highways have that I first noticed it. Even a 315 degree turn of a freeway onramp would bring it out. True-Track fixed it.

Old 06-15-2009, 08:24 AM
flynavy
Road Master

Tires can make a significant difference as well.

Old 06-15-2009, 08:46 AM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

A month or so ago, I took a country road curve marked at 45, at about 70. Tires were sticking like glue and felt good.. until I hit the small rolling dips in the corner. I wound up in the other lane with my arms saying we were going one way, and my butt telling me we're going the other way. I knew right then that a TT or Sputhe was in my near future.

I don't have it yet, but it is high on the list. Don't want to feel that again...ever.

Last edited by archergodwin; 06-15-2009 at 08:48 AM.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:08 AM
truckerdave
senior experienced all-knowing leader of the unwise
Received 345 Likes on 175 Posts

Have we got the same bike? I've been on those roads mentioned riding like a crazy man and i didn't notice anything abnormal in my bikes handling at any speed. Dyna 2005 with FXDX suspension, Continental tires/fork brace.

Old 06-15-2009, 01:38 PM
duffy1
Advanced

It is good to read about the shitty stabilization of these rubber mounted units my bike is handling more and more like a piece of **** since when it was brand new. I never had to worry with rigid mounted frames, before but i am going to order up the truetrac front and rear. Is the top out of align and how does one chack / adjust this?