Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tying bike down on a trailer

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 09:55 AM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LWOS
Now get the news that the tank could not be repainted because Harley doesn't sell limited edition custom paints in sufficient quantity to repaint the tank, and the Factory wont accept damaged tanks for repair or repainting. You have to buy a whole tank, to the tune of $999....plus install.

Hey Jake.......I see you have the Condor chock set up on your trailer......same as ours!!!
Hey LWOS, I love the Condor. I don't have the open trailer any longer though, went with an enclosed, but mounted the Condor in it.

As far as the Limited Edition paint sets and damage to them, yes, HD does repair them. We were on our way to FLA on my last vacation and one of the straps broke on my son's Sporty. When I checked on the bikes I found his laying on top of my tank, causing some serious damage. When his bike fell over, it landed on the left side of my tank and as the bike shifted again, it then landed on the right.

Before coming back to work I dropped my bike off at the dealership where my insurance company sent the appraiser. He and the dealership determined that the tank needed to be replaced at the cost of $2300.00. Well, when the dealership sent it back to HD, they contacted them and stated that the tank was repairable.

I got off the phone with the dealership 2 days ago and was told that the tank is back and they can't tell where the damage was. It also only ended up costing me $1100.00 instead of the $2300.00 that the insurance company quoted.

Old 07-15-2009, 02:37 PM
columbia whaler
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also, use good quality straps. My neighbor had his bike fall over in his toy hauler when one of his cheap straps let go where it was stitched together. I run ratchet straps but also "backup" solid straps tied to the bike and trailer so I am not relying on stitching. Look closely at most ratchet strap set up's and you will see what I mean.