Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick Riser Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 03:23 PM
Quickie
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick Riser Question

Can anyone tell me how long of a riser I can use on my stock St Bob handle bar before I have to change cables? I installed my new solo Mustang seat and I need to bring the bar back and up a little. Maybe a couple of inches each way. Just wondering how anyone else solved this reach problem without having to change everything.

Old 08-21-2009, 04:29 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

what year? i went up 3 in on my 06 with stock cables and stock bars before i got my new bars and risers... was super easy i made my own spacers to make it work... the 07+ models have dif cables

Old 08-22-2009, 06:28 AM
Quickie
Cruiser

Sorry the bike is an 06. There apears to be 2in straight risers stock,and i was wondering if i could go to a 4in with a pull back design.

Old 08-22-2009, 08:27 AM
boutellepc
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an 07' and used 4" pullback risers and they just made it.

Old 08-22-2009, 05:02 PM
Skyking75
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Stock Size

I am confused. I was thinking about installing some risers myself. Am I correct in assuming that stock is 2". So if I want to raise 1", I should buy a 3" riser? The 4" riser is 2" above stock and is close to the limit without changing anything

Old 08-22-2009, 05:15 PM
Gary7
Road Warrior

I thought the Street Bobs had built-in risers that could not be replaced.

Old 08-22-2009, 11:02 PM
redlohsom
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Gary7
You are correct sir....However, look around on here for another tread about a guy who makes risers for the Street Bob. They look pretty good. I was going to get a pair of 4 inch but the price is about the same just to buy new bars so I think I'm going to just do that since I'll have to change out the throttle and clutch cable to get 4+ more inches on an 08" FXDB

Old 08-23-2009, 01:11 AM
Wonkaboy
Banned
Originally Posted by Quickie
Can anyone tell me how long of a riser I can use on my stock St Bob handle bar before I have to change cables? I installed my new solo Mustang seat and I need to bring the bar back and up a little. Maybe a couple of inches each way. Just wondering how anyone else solved this reach problem without having to change everything.
Definally straight 6" risers will fit because i just installed them on my 2006 Street Bob Tuesday nite , no problems with any cables etc. but it also depends on your bars design too, with my "Frisco's" everything reached perfectly , Cables , controls , etc. , 6 inches is the tallest you can go without having to change anything else , i will post photo's Sunday nite ( Hopefully )

Last edited by Wonkaboy; 08-23-2009 at 01:26 AM.
Old 08-23-2009, 09:00 AM
Chipstah
Road Warrior
Default Similar issue

I had the same issue as the OP due to my Mustang solo on my '07 St Bob (non-integrated risers) -- went with 3" risers (ie +1" over stock) with separate clamps so I could also install a Baron tach that I got cheap from a forum member between the risers while I was at it -- had no problem with cable lengths but did rotate one right side lower handle bar cable clamp 180 degrees to reduce some tension on brake cable. Doubt you could go much higher with the stock mini-apes. Solved the problem for me and retained original riding position (seat/handlebar relationship) -- and not a very expensive way to go without needing new cables and their installation.

Old 08-23-2009, 09:14 AM
ghostrider69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary7
They started integrating them into the triple tree on 08'.

Quick Reply: Quick Riser Question