Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have the Accel SLM?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 11:27 PM
TR1
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have the Accel SLM?

Anyone have the Accel SLM? It looks like a good deal. No programming or downloading. I'm going to be changing my stock pipes soon for some V&H and this looks like a good option for fuel management. I wanted to find someone that has used it for some input.

http://www.accel-motorcycle.com/Default.aspx

http://www.mrgasket.com/primages/74428G.pdf

Old 08-30-2009, 09:14 AM
SuperFastGlide
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

looks intresting... dosent plug into the ecu, only to the o2 sensors, crank and idle sensors...

Old 08-30-2009, 10:01 AM
man4mopar
Road Master
Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Not a lot of info on there site about it. Not sure how they can fully tune using narrow band O2 sensors for high load and full throttle areas. Sounds like they have something figured out, sure like to read more on it, installation and operating instructions.

Old 08-30-2009, 06:20 PM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

With the right software, the stock ECM will handle anything you can do to the engine...

Old 08-30-2009, 06:52 PM
ColdCase
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's a lot of money for what you seem to be getting. It looks like a perhaps smarter Xied combined with a timing adjuster. It doesn't connect to the injectors, right? What if you don't like what it adjusts to? Who's gonna be the guinea pig with $400 to throw away and try it? Were these shown in booths at the shows?

And we all know switching O2 sensors are much more accurate over the target AFR as well as being more reliable than wide band sensors, for the on - bike application. That would not be a SLM disadvantage if done right.

Last edited by ColdCase; 08-30-2009 at 06:58 PM.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:17 PM
TR1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by man4mopar
Not a lot of info on there site about it. Not sure how they can fully tune using narrow band O2 sensors for high load and full throttle areas. Sounds like they have something figured out, sure like to read more on it, installation and operating instructions.
I found this Q & A from Accel... click and scroll down. It kind of answers the narrow band issue...?

http://www.cyrilhuzeblog.com/2009/06...plug-and-ride/

Old 09-02-2009, 03:28 PM
man4mopar
Road Master

Originally Posted by TR1
I found this Q & A from Accel... click and scroll down. It kind of answers the narrow band issue...?

http://www.cyrilhuzeblog.com/2009/06...plug-and-ride/
Nope didn't answer. But Joe is willing to send info if one calls. I do not run a shop or have a interest in replacing what I have now to call him. They should have that info posted on there site. Some of what he said was stated wasn't, like it's limitations, which I can only assume are a lot compared to a TTS,SERT,Tmax or DTT TCFI.

Old 09-02-2009, 03:38 PM
man4mopar
Road Master

Originally Posted by ColdCase

And we all know switching O2 sensors are much more accurate over the target AFR as well as being more reliable than wide band sensors, for the on - bike application. That would not be a SLM disadvantage if done right.
Widebands can handle full map fuel ratios and deffinately have a place. Narrow bands can only read 14:1-15:1 roughly. So unless you are tuning all areas into the 14:1-15:1 ratio those narrows won't tune the high load and full throttle positions.
TTS you can map most the map into narrow band range to get the VE tables correct so open loop sections are correctly calculated. Maybe this SLM does something similar, hard telling with there limited info.

Old 09-02-2009, 05:13 PM
CRZYLGZZ
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

uhhh, your kidding right, ????

http://www.jpcycles.com/Search/Produ...esults=10&No=0

Part Number:
Everyday Low Price:
Gold Club Price:

403-081
$599.99
$539.99

This item will ship in 7-10 business days.

Old 09-02-2009, 05:18 PM
TR1
Intermediate
Talking

Well I just ordered the SLM and some short shots.... So I will report when I get them put on. Found the SLM for $447...

Quick Reply: Anyone have the Accel SLM?