Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bob with instrument cluster warning light on?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 05:26 PM
Treasure
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bob with instrument cluster warning light on?

Keep getting the red key lighting up in the instrument panel/speedo, and then when this happens I loose the left turn signal. Now I've never set up my security system so I don't think that anything arms if the keychain button is pushed but I'm not sure? First two times it happened I shut er down and restarted and no problem. Jumped on it early this morning to go to the Santa Fe HD dealer to get the injectors changed out from 8-25 and it did it about 5 miles out.....so pulled over shut er down....fired it back up motored down the road a mile or two and damn if it wasn't on again.

Also, dealer had me bring in my SERT for the 8-25 change out on the injectors so does the dealer also need to give me a newer download too or will they be able to get it tuned with just my SERT? And no my dealer does not have a dyno so I guessing that they will just attempt to get it in the ball park

Thanks in advance for taking the newbie questions and the schooling

Old 06-29-2006, 07:26 PM
stang2811
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bob with instrument cluster warning light on?

I just took mine to the shop for the same problem except my check engine light would come on with the key symbol. This problem would come and go. The bike was in the shop the 1000 mile service and when they took it out for the test ride they discovered the problem. They found out that it was the Turn signal module in that module is the security system, but my bike does not have security. I glad to here that someone else is having problems with this same thing. They told me that the part is 7-10 days out. SUCK No riding for me. Also, I called back to see if I could speed the shipping up and they said they could, but the order was already placed. Hope this helps