Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone using the Harley reach seat ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 06:58 PM
C908
Road Warrior
Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Anyone using the Harley reach seat ?

I went to my local Harley dealer today and looked at the reach seat for my 2010 Wide Glide. They were nice enough to put it on the Wide Glide that was on the floor so I could set on it. I am 5'7 with a 30 inch inseam and found the stock seat to be just OK but was wondering if the reach seat might be better. I was hoping to get some feedback from someone who has made the switch to give me a comparison on the comfort of the reach seat compared to the stock seat. Another suggestion the dealer made was to put a stock Fat Bob seat on my Wide Glide. They pointed out it had a higher rise in the rear that might give me a little more support. I forgot to mention my only real complaint with my stock seat was that when I accelerate fairly hard I slide back in my seat and then find myself scooting forward. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks !

Old 12-29-2009, 12:47 AM
danktat
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Reach seat is perfect for me. It is a little stiffer than the original stock seat but the position is perfect and I really don't have any issues with the comfort.

Old 12-29-2009, 12:22 PM
danktat
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I forgot to mention that Mean City Cycles can scoop out your stock seat and reposition you according to what you need. Add gel, memory foam or whatever. I am planning on sending my stock anniversary seat to them and having that done. (just another option)

Old 12-29-2009, 01:02 PM
mlrussell222
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been using the Reach Seat for over 2 years now. It is a little harder than my stock seat which makes really long rides less comfortable. My next move is to lower my bike a couple of inches and get a seat that's a little more comfortable for the long hauls.

Old 12-29-2009, 02:02 PM
gseely
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I looked at the Reach seat, but decided on the Le Pera Bare Bones Up-Front instead. It puts you closer to the bars than the Reach, and a bit lower to the ground. It's a solo seat with a pillion available.

Old 01-04-2010, 05:46 AM
PKellyMc
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: PacNW; Beacon of Conservatism in a Sea of Liberals.......AZ Snowbird; Just another Conservative
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Tried a Reach I got on ebay for $60...HATED it! It hangs your "boys" on the tail of the tank, and was uncomfortable as hell after just 100-mi. Re-sold it for what I paid, and now have a HD Touring seat.

Old 01-04-2010, 11:39 PM
LWOS
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I used a Reach Seat for 2 riding seasons... and finally couldn't take the pain anymore.
If you use Mid Controls, it pushes you forward. Most women go for it because it allows them to "reach" the ground to be flat footed and "reach" their highway pegs or forward controls. With my "mid" controls, I just pushed me "too" forward and I could only go 50 miles before I was in agony. I lowered my bike ( I'm 5'2") and sold my Reach Seat. Put my Stock Seat back on. It was far more comfortable for me. Recently I went with the Sundowner Seat and can ride all day long in total comfort.

Old 01-05-2010, 08:01 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

suggestions: hold on tighter and don't armor-all the seat.

Old 01-05-2010, 07:02 PM
KAUFMANSM
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm 5'6" with a 29" inseam. I have the same problem, when accelerating I slide back and constantly need to slide forward again. I cant find peg elevators that would work so now I'm on a seat quest. I like the look of the standard seat the bike came with and would like to keep the same look.

Old 01-05-2010, 07:09 PM
ghostrider69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I know how ya'll feel. I'm 5'7" and had the problem of being able to reach the forwards but just didn't feel like they were close enough. So I fabbed these brackets to move the forwards back 1 1/4".

Quick Reply: Anyone using the Harley reach seat ?