Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinion wanted...

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 01:46 AM
CIB1Infantry
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Opinion wanted...

Well,
I took the wife into the dealership with me the other night...
I needed a gasket and she walks in and says to me "You should buy this one" pointing at a Road King Classic.
Now if it were possible I would keep the FXDXT and buy the RKC, unfortunately that isn't the case...
I love my T-Sport and am not really ready to part with it, but I also would like a bigger bike (preferably the Streetglide)...
I have found a New 2010 RoadKing police model with the 103" motor for $15,995 and that is quite a tempting price, I could easily add the fairing and pretty much have a "streetglide"
anyway, just wanting to get some opinions.
Thanks,
Mike

Old 03-16-2010, 05:52 AM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

Let's see, you have an 8 year old bike, and your wife says you should buy a new one, sounds like she is looking for more comfort, or does she ride her own?
Also sounds like you want a Glide, so go for it.

Old 03-16-2010, 05:55 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,384 Likes on 3,299 Posts

One things for daMN sure....if you want opinions you have come to the right place...Buy the police bike if Mama tells you too....

Old 03-16-2010, 05:57 AM
nitebobber08
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'm also very loyal to my bike. i say if you want both figure out how to have both.

Old 03-16-2010, 06:05 AM
PKellyMc
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: PacNW; Beacon of Conservatism in a Sea of Liberals.......AZ Snowbird; Just another Conservative
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

There are ways of affording/justifying both. Goodluck, whichever way you go. (sig)

Old 03-16-2010, 06:17 AM
Yldtang
Cruiser

I've had 3 Harley's so far. The 2nd one I had the wife and I were at the moco and saw this sweet looking electra glide classic at a very good price. I thought bigger bike, radio,more room for storage, more comfortable etc..... Biggest mistake I ever made! Oh it was great for the long trips but we don't make lots of long trips. Around town, riding twisties and back and forth to work it was just TOO BIG. Didn't take me long to go back yo a dyna. Imo it's the best fit for our riding style. Just sayin think it through.

Old 03-16-2010, 07:47 AM
icufltrn
Tourer

don't do it. the fxdxt is a highly sought after bike and if you find u don't like the rk you are gonna kick yourself. unless you can keep both i say stay with the sport. you can take that money and make a few improvements to make the sport comfy for the both of you

Old 03-16-2010, 08:23 AM
six_strng_slnger
Cruiser

rent one see if you like it or if you really seem interested the dealer might let you take it for a weekend. You won't know until you ride one if you like it. I rode my wifes fatboy the other day and it felt like a row boat heavy and slow compared to my dyna. Not the way I like to ride

Old 03-16-2010, 08:37 AM
hogcity5
Cruiser

Road King Police 103" if my wife said she liked it i'd already be riding it!

Old 03-16-2010, 08:41 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by six_strng_slnger
rent one see if you like it or if you really seem interested the dealer might let you take it for a weekend. You won't know until you ride one if you like it. I rode my wifes fatboy the other day and it felt like a row boat heavy and slow compared to my dyna. Not the way I like to ride
+1 I say rent one before you switch. Your dealer should give you a rate to try one out for sure. You will know after a weekend if the switch is right.

Quick Reply: Opinion wanted...