Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust pipes

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 08:33 PM
gguerra988
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust pipes

I have a 2010 Dyna Wide Glide, I want to Install a set of Rush Slip-ons with 2.25 Baffles...Do I need to remap the EFI..? I was told that I do not cause I have a catalytic converter in the exaust pipes and that no remapping was required...can anyone tell me if that is right....

Attached Thumbnails Exhaust pipes-162.jpg  

Last edited by gguerra988; 05-03-2010 at 08:57 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:43 PM
Topspin
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Grab 2 beers and a sammich.... this will keep you busy for a couple hours.

http://www.nightrider.com/

Old 05-03-2010, 08:47 PM
Zig Zag 2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No remap needed.

Old 05-03-2010, 08:54 PM
gguerra988
6th Gear

That is what I thought, I did have one dealer tell me that I had to remap it and then two other dealers told me that I did not have to....it very hard to trust the dealers cause I feel that they just want to get money out of you when its not needed.

Old 05-04-2010, 09:19 PM
tA_GTA
Advanced

that is soo true bro, im getting rush slip ons with 2.25 baffles, i asked three different harley mechanics in my area the same question all they said is: If your only doing pipes then no matter how big you go (obviously not straight pipes) you DO NOT HAVE TO TUNE the bike BUT if you change your air filter then yes you do. One certain way to see if your bikes doing okay is to check the spark plug condition before you install the pipes then about 250mi later check them again, if there is carbon build up or anything not normal that was'nt there before then your in trouble. And when you go on any aftermarket site and it says "tuning is reccomended" that is just a disclaimer to cover their ***, again unless you touch your air intake system.

Old 05-04-2010, 09:28 PM
speedkills
Advanced

rookie question... when you say 'straight pipes' are you referring to pipes such as v&h full exhaust, etc?

i recently ordered v&h big shots and was also trying to figure out if i should wait and install them when i'm ready to have some tuning done or if it was safe to install and get the intake/tuning done down the road?

Old 05-05-2010, 11:18 AM
The Dean
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am putting Rush slip-on 2 inch baffles. I asked if I can run the bike without all the rest and the answer is yes. Now the draw back. I mechanic said you can but you will have premature damage from heat to the upper part of the engine. So I figured why fart around and just do it right. Do a lot of the labor your self and take it in for the tune. I'm looking at the Rush muffler, SE A/C and a TTS control. My catalytic converter was in the mufflers. I understand that some of the first 2010s off the line had them in the mufflers and others in the header.

Old 05-05-2010, 12:30 PM
nitebobber08
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when i installed the rush slipons i was told that i had to get the remapping done or the bike wasn't gonna perform correct.

Old 05-05-2010, 06:53 PM
tA_GTA
Advanced

Originally Posted by speedkills
rookie question... when you say 'straight pipes' are you referring to pipes such as v&h full exhaust, etc?

i recently ordered v&h big shots and was also trying to figure out if i should wait and install them when i'm ready to have some tuning done or if it was safe to install and get the intake/tuning done down the road?
straight pipes im referring to is when people put slip ons on their bike then remove the baffle completely, which you can do if you want to change baffle sizes.

Old 05-05-2010, 06:55 PM
tA_GTA
Advanced

Originally Posted by nitebobber08
when i installed the rush slipons i was told that i had to get the remapping done or the bike wasn't gonna perform correct.
im guessing either rush or a dealer told you that?

Quick Reply: Exhaust pipes