Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Out Of Alignment, maybe?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 06:25 PM
bbxbest
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Out Of Alignment, maybe?

so i need some help if no one minds helping me out. i have an 03 fxd superglide with 14 inch straight rise tbars . my bike feels like when the handlebars are straight the front wheel isnt satraight. can front wheels really go out of alignment? it almost feels like on a bicycle when the wheel and bars dont match up ya know u hold the wheel with ur knees and straighten out the bars, thats what it feels like only i cant hold the wheel of harley and straighten it out. maybe its out of alignment? idk. is it a possibility of bad tires making it like that. it just started the other day as i was on the freeway and iwas going about 55-60 in a turn connecting to another freeway and there was a bump and right in the middle of the turn it was a big bump aso maybe it went out there.

another is that when im riding if feels like i have lay my bike at an angle to drive it straight, almost almost as if im preparing to go into a turn. i know this is not enough info to really solve the problem but im just looking for someone to tell me where to start. and if there is any info i can tell anyone to help me out please just let me know as i am just looking for a little friendly advice. is it possible it could be the bars being so high. there is a crossbar welded on them for support but idk.

Old 07-24-2010, 08:37 PM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

Not sure what you mean by straight rise bars... Can you post a pic?

Are the bars and risers integral or separate? Missed the t, would still like to see a pic, the welded crossbar has me curious. It would be possible if that was done due to them having been bent, but without seeing them hard to say.

Last edited by 8541hog; 07-24-2010 at 08:39 PM.