Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IPB going bad

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 01:55 PM
QehQeh
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by parts eeter
Thats because the problem exists in all models...Doweled or Not...

All models? Please, somebody show me the evidence.

Originally Posted by parts eeter
Call Baker drivetrain and talk to them. HD has had issues with their IPB bearings for a looong time. Its nothing new.

You are correct; HD has had issues with their IPB bearings for a long time... but different issues.

This is directly from Baker's website (including the "fi ne" typo):

“HIGH TORQUE BEARING KIT
The 34091-85 inner bearing race has been used on Big Twins since 1985. The inner primary bearing rides on this race. By design, this race press-fits onto the transmission mainshaft. This system works fi ne for stock engines. 100 HP+ engines will make this bearing walk on the mainshaft. If it walks inboard, it will damage the maindrive gear seal and cause a transmission oil leak. If it walks outboard, it will cause a primary oil leak. Our high torque bearing kit eliminates this condition. Kit includes a precision honed bearing and seal.”

The issue with the 06 and early 07 Dynas is a little more serious than the bearing “walking” on the main shaft, causing a seal leak.

Old 03-03-2015, 07:37 PM
jbrelr21
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MLWilson
Got everything done last Saturday and did a 300 Mile function check to Des Moines Iowa to visit my brother. The stock bearing was totally shot. Results: the bike runs night and day smoother with upgraded commensator and new IP Bearing. 31 T pully did not provide stump pulling lower end power but enhanced cruise significantly. I also picked up a 3-4 MPG increase. I averaged 45.8 on Highway coming home. 5-6th is more responsive passing at cruising speeds than before.

As far as a deep issue?? I don't understand; but I won't wait 30K before I change something else. I will do something in about 15K, just don't know what yet, another bad bearing would give me an excuss to change something:-)
Did u recalibrate the speedo.? Better mpg might be misleading.