Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mirror vibration issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 02:11 PM
LWOS
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The only thing I did different on my bike was to replace the Compact with the Touring Windshield and the next time I went for a ride on the interstate I happened to notice my mirrors weren't vibrating anymore, and I could actually use them. I even had the dealership look at the motor mounts and go over the bike head to toe after I put on the new mirrors. My stock mirrors never shook like that. He said he couldn't find anything wrong. I asked him about the bushings...he said they wouldn't make that much of a difference, so I didn't have them installed.
So, the ONLY deduction I can make is the slight difference in the overall curves of the new windshield. It is a little wider and taller......and I have to believe that's what made the difference. It's like night and day for me. The vibrations to the left mirror was worse than the right one.....but now both are perfect.
Maybe you can check with your dealer and ask if you can "test drive" a QD Touring WS they have on display......to see if it makes any difference for you like it did for me.

Old 10-04-2010, 02:41 AM
HemiOrange
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tnbrit
Thanks,i'm trying to decide between The Dakota & the Harley Combo,do you still get the Gear indicator with the dual digital readout?

Guess your gonna pass on the Reevu rear mirror Helmet!!!
Yes, the Dakota still allows you to see the gear indicator while using the dual digital speedo and tach.

Sorry for not answering your question sooner.

Old 01-29-2014, 08:44 PM
speedkills66
Road Captain
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

My stock mirrors were rock solid with no vibration up to 80-90 mph.
I changed from the stock mini apes to Tbars and poly bushings and still next to no vibration.
I switched out my chrome stock short stem mirrors for powder coated black stock short stem mirrors and they vibrate like crazy - nearly useless over 30-40 mph.
The ONLY difference is the powder coat.
Did that process damage the mirror assembly somehow?