Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What exactly happened in 2006?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 05:52 PM
bobnehoc
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by rmatt34
I'll agree with you on everything except on point ..(as much as I loved my Evo Dyna) ..

The key switch in the neck is EFFFING RETARDED !!! and it's spring loaded to boot, so if you turn your bike off and leave the key in, your bike will kindly spit it on the ground for you..

This new location is the most awkward thing I have ever seen ...

I could put my key in under my right leg without even looking on the EVO... (and it was right next to the battery)

A Chuck Norris round house kick to the face to who ever came up with the new ignition location..

Other than that, I love my '07 Street Slob !!!
You are right the ignition key set up sucks and whoever aproved the design shoul be shot......Grind the nub off of the key and the problem is solved. The key is now removeable, quick fix and it is free.....

Old 11-13-2010, 05:56 PM
rmatt34
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Faast Ed
On my softail, the key almost never see's the ignition.

Hard for me to relate to this key-spitting thing.
Perhaps he meant that grinding the nub would allow you to ride keyless?
Yeah, it would... but why would anyone want to ...that's just asking to leave your ignition on ...It doesn't spit it out going down the road , just when it's in the off position...

and it encourages people to use that ridiculous kill switch thing up at the bars

But I see what you're saying.. although I hate sh*t in my pocket !!!

Yeah, the wideglide, softails and touring bikes don't really worry about a key..

I can't believe more of them aren't stolen.. I bet on any given night at least 80% of them aren't "locked"...

Old 11-13-2010, 06:07 PM
Stomper-63
Tourer

Originally Posted by rmatt34
Yeah, the wideglide, softails and touring bikes don't really worry about a key..

I can't believe more of them aren't stolen.. I bet on any given night at least 80% of them aren't "locked"...

LOL... yeah, lets all take our "Street Slobs" out and about and go "scoot shoppin'"!!

Old 11-13-2010, 06:07 PM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The 88incher is healthy enough and even better with a 95 kit plenty fast. The key on the neck sux I agree. The 06 Primary issues are solved with a Screamin Eagle Compensator and 07 Stator which I think all HDs need the SE compensator anyways. Follow that with an updated tensioner and a Baker IP bearing and the 06 is a killer machine. I also added the Screamn Eagle clutch spring which I felt necessary if any performance riding is in the future. Nothin but a little wrench time.

Old 11-13-2010, 06:37 PM
rmatt34
Road Master

Originally Posted by Stomper-63
LOL... yeah, lets all take our "Street Slobs" out and about and go "scoot shoppin'"!!
I'm gettin' me a new Street Glide mo fo's !!!

watchu gonna get Stomper ?

Old 11-13-2010, 06:54 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Default 06 Dyna issues

The 2006 main production model Dynas have the following issues:

1. Design flaw in that no alignment dowels in the inner primary case and transmission case which causes misalignment and repeated failure of the inner primary bearing.

2. 2 piece bolted together rotor where over time the screws back out and destroy the rotor & stator

3. Neutral switch recall.

4. Weak auto chain tensioner

Old 11-13-2010, 07:20 PM
HDDyna2006
Banned

Bought my 06 in 4/06, only the stator have failed, 30K on it. Love it, hate key location too.

Old 11-13-2010, 07:32 PM
ratzohio
Advanced

I thought the real ones were pre 1984, but the wife got a 08 street bob fuel inj. 6 spd havn't had to work on it yet. The old shovel we ride it alot and fix it ... ride some more. These new ones are kinda boring, gas and go, so thats why I think every body is into changing things bc they don't have to work on them. PS that key thing does suck!!

Old 11-13-2010, 07:48 PM
icecaps
Reading More Posting Less
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dondee
I read one of those "which bike should I get threads" a day or two ago in which one poster here advised the OP something along the lines of "get a real one-pre 2006".
Maybe he means like these:

Old 11-13-2010, 09:06 PM
rmatt34
Road Master

Originally Posted by icecaps
Maybe he means like these:

I want that knuckle head springer..wholy crap that thing is cool, so are the panheads..

Quick Reply: What exactly happened in 2006?