Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuelmoto Dynojet Power Vision

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 09:43 PM
Ratbob
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 09lowrider
Is this power vision better than a SERT? Cause I am not trusting my PCV since it left me stranded last weekend and now it doesn't seem to be running right since I put it back on
PV is IMO much better than SERT. It is not an interposer like V&H Fuelpack, PCIII or PCV. The PV Flashes the ECM directly like SERT, SEST, and TTS. This is were the similarities between PV and SEST end. The PV has a display unit that can be used to monitor or log up to 31 internal ECM signals like RPM, Spark Knock Retard, Engine Temp etc. The logged information can then be used by the PV Log Tuner application to fine-tune the ECM for optimum performance. Regrettably the documentation for WinPV and Autotune applications are not very mature yet, but Jamie at FuelMoto, and the designers at DJ are working to correct this. There is a sticky thread on the Electrical/Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection forum for anyone that wants to dig deeper.

Old 06-07-2011, 06:29 PM
Spiro Drummer
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this power vision better than a SERT? Cause I am not trusting my PCV since it left me stranded last weekend and now it doesn't seem to be running right since I put it back on
I wish I could help, but I'm not familiar with the Screaming Eagle Race Tuner... But you should ask yourself:
Do I have to 'modify' my bike(cut,bolt,weld,rewire, etc..) to make it work?
Does it stay 'on' my bike?
When I do future engine/exhaust modifications, will the device be easily re-tunable??
Can I do it myself??
Is it worth it $$$$ in the Long Term??
(Remember-I did NOT get mine dynoed or tuned at a dealer and it runs pretty frickin' great!!)

Old 06-07-2011, 06:31 PM
Spiro Drummer
Tourer

Thanks RatBob for clearing that up... Didn't even know about that part of the forum...

Old 06-15-2011, 09:07 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,108 Likes on 1,340 Posts

Here is an overview of the latest Power Vision firmware/software that was released today. There is tons of good stuff in there

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Firmware 1.0.4-843

Added support for 242 level calibrations (2011+ Softail)
Added code to enable channels required for Log Tuner / Auto Tune
New EUAO (end use adjustable options); MPG Calibration, BPW Gas Constant, and Closed Loop on / off, and Speedo Calibration
Save the Advanced/Basic state for signal selection dialog on datalogging screen
Enhanced support for CAN (2011 Softail) models, including more tune items, ability to read / clear DTC’s, and reset adaptive trims
Added a prompt to reset adaptive fuel / idle trims when flashing the ECM
Added "Please Wait/Loading Tune" after pressing "Flash" button. The pause made it seem like the Power Vision was not responsive to the command.
Changed Power Vision software / GUI to include improved file management / work flow
You can now create a “Copy of Original Tune” or “Copy of Current Tune”. This will essentially allow you to “update your tune” with the latest tune items, such as speedo calibration and other tune items that have been added.
Diaglog that included “Save Stock” and “Load Stock” is now “Read ECM and “Restore Original Tune”
Read ECM will gather diagnostic logs and other files required for support purposes

Software Installer 1.0.30 / WinPV 1.0.4.4

Original Tune is automatically backed up to your computer, under C:\My Documents\Power Vision\Original Tunes
Changed Power Vision Tool Bar / commands
Removed “Backup Stock” and “Restore Stock”, replaced with “Get ECM Data”. This new function will retrieve the files generated from “Read ECM” on the Power Vision. These files are for support / diagnostic purposes and include; current tune (in a format that’s not able to be edited), “DiagnosticsHistory.txt”, and Update_Log.txt.
Throttle Blade Control and Throttle Blade Control (Alternate) tables now have a dynamic header description. This description indicates which table is used with which gear, and varies based on the value entered in the Electronic Throttle Table Transition Gear.
Added provision “Show as Lambda” option for AFR based calibrations
Added new tune items
MPG Calibration
BPW Gas Constant
Closed Loop On / Off
Adaptive Control Enable Temperature
Electronic Throttle / Drive-by-Wire Speed Limit vs Gear
EITMS Off Temperature
EITMS On Temperature
Knock Control Disable Temperature
Knock Control Enable Temperature
PE Disable TPS
PE Enable TPS
Electronic Throttle Table Transition Gear
Removed File / Partial / Save All provision

Dynojet Tune Database

Added various calibrations for 2011 Softail
Includes better support for pre-2008 bikes
Over 460 calibrations available for various modifications and combinations

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 06-21-2011, 09:54 AM
Spiro Drummer
Tourer

Thanks Fuel Moto... Now if we can just get the whole thing to work on my Macbook Pro....
:-))

Last edited by Spiro Drummer; 06-21-2011 at 09:55 AM. Reason: typo
Old 06-22-2011, 01:39 AM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
Default I second that ....

Would love a PV from Dynojet but I have a macbook pro setup as well. Yes I could install windows xp if I can find a copy but it would be better if this just worked on these computers as well. I am probably wanting too much. love the mac TONS better than PC just hate to put windows back on it just to fine tune my bike.

Old 06-22-2011, 01:55 AM
Spiro Drummer
Tourer

Originally Posted by missedem
Would love a PV from Dynojet but I have a macbook pro setup as well. Yes I could install windows xp if I can find a copy but it would be better if this just worked on these computers as well. I am probably wanting too much. love the mac TONS better than PC just hate to put windows back on it just to fine tune my bike.
I just dumped it onto an old laptop i had laying around!!

Old 06-23-2011, 03:22 AM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Guess I should have saved my old laptop

Ill have to check around I may have a salvageable HP laptop laying around that wont be too bad to use just for that .

Old 06-23-2011, 05:54 AM
ColdCase
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When you say better, what do you mean? The SERT is more of a pro tool, where the PV is more oriented to novices. In the right hands the SERT will always give you a better tune. But those that don't want to dabble much will get good results from the PV, and it does come built in with eye candy some enjoy. Just about anything is much better than stock.

If you are looking for a hands off no dabble tune, you will get better tuning results by sending the ECU off to an outfit that will reprogram it for you. If you want the best street tune and diagnostic tools (or have a troublesome bike), you need something more sophisticated than the PV, like a SERT or better the TTS tool kit. Both of which are easily operated by novices.

These discussions are oriented to the DIY market, so saying the best tunes are always done by a pro tuner using sophisticated tools doesn't apply here. Its nice to have viable choices.