Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Right Blinker& Stop Light Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 11:14 PM
danl
Tourer
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Right Blinker& Stop Light Help

Any input would be appreciated. 2002 FXDL, has no speedo/tach,idiot lights, just a key on the side for ignition switch.It has LED blinkers since the day I got it and they worked fine for the last year before the right side took a ****.Oh! they blink 6 times when I turn the ignition on.Things I have done so far….I have changed the blinker switch,no bare wire in the bars, removed front and rear blinkers to check for shorts,None.Pulled back the wiring harness and checked all the deutch connecters,I have power @ harness before the switch. I am sure there are a few more things I can check short of buying a new wiring harness, I want to do it right since I am this far in…Sure would be nice to have a front brake light and right blinker here in this concrete jungle.

Old 06-21-2011, 10:25 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

check to see under you fender if they are ripped out or grounded

Old 06-21-2011, 11:08 PM
danl
Tourer

Originally Posted by JRK5892
check to see under you fender if they are ripped out or grounded

Thanks JRK, Ya I went thru the front and back blinker harness's and made sure there was no grounding going on. Gonna keep working my way thru the harness till I say **** it and go buy a new one..........

Old 06-23-2011, 04:07 AM
HemiOrange
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by danl
Any input would be appreciated. 2002 FXDL, has no speedo/tach,idiot lights, just a key on the side for ignition switch.It has LED blinkers since the day I got it and they worked fine for the last year before the right side took a ****.Oh! they blink 6 times when I turn the ignition on.Things I have done so far….I have changed the blinker switch,no bare wire in the bars, removed front and rear blinkers to check for shorts,None.Pulled back the wiring harness and checked all the deutch connecters,I have power @ harness before the switch. I am sure there are a few more things I can check short of buying a new wiring harness, I want to do it right since I am this far in…Sure would be nice to have a front brake light and right blinker here in this concrete jungle.
Okay, so the bike has LED's, to make these work a module was probably installed. If the battery was disconnected, this module may need to be reprogrammed.

Pull off your seat, then look under your rear fender. Right about 6" from the bottom of the rear fender will be a hole directly in line with the battery/fuse box/underseat electrical wiring. Now, with your right hand tugging on the wiring where it dissappears through the rear fender hole and into the battery box, look for where that same wiring bundle enters the underseat box. Now just follow this wire bundle to the first plug.

After finding the first connecting plug, pull and tug more until you finally come to a small box, maybe the size of a half deck of cards. Read the label on it! It is likely the module for the LED turn signals.

Now, using Google, do a search for that particular brand of module and print it's user manual.

Mine had several different set-up and trouble shooting methods to use, so I can't tell you what to do. One example was to pull the maxi-fuse for 10 minutes, reinstall. Turn the ign to "on" and hold the left turn switch for 10 seconds, then the right one for ten seconds then both for ten seconds, then turn the ign off, then you are good to go...or something like that. It took two attempts to get it to work, but now it works.

I now have to keep the instruction manual in my shop just in case I ever disconnect the battery or maxi-fuse again.

If all else fails, just put some 1156 or 1157 incandescent bulbs back in until you get the manual printed out.

Last edited by HemiOrange; 06-23-2011 at 04:13 AM.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:53 AM
danl
Tourer

Thanks Hemi, Gonna run a code check also.. There was no aftermarket module, don't know how they worked without one..Gonna buy a Badlands and put it on since I need one anyway.Maybe this will fix it,hoping it did not fry the TSM though...