Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help with diagnostics CAL 09

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 10:58 PM
jslum
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with diagnostics CAL 09

So My engine light was coming on for a second after I start my bike (99 fxdx) then shutting off. I go to check the codes- key in, hold odo reset, switch to ignition, release, and.... no speedo cycle, all lights dont come on. Immediately reads d01CLr and goes all the way through to d10CLr then to CAL 09 then starts all over again no matter how long I hold the odo reset in for. What does CAL 09 mean and what else is going on? thanks

Old 01-17-2015, 01:47 PM
Texas_Rider11B
Advanced

Originally Posted by jslum
So My engine light was coming on for a second after I start my bike (99 fxdx) then shutting off. I go to check the codes- key in, hold odo reset, switch to ignition, release, and.... no speedo cycle, all lights dont come on. Immediately reads d01CLr and goes all the way through to d10CLr then to CAL 09 then starts all over again no matter how long I hold the odo reset in for. What does CAL 09 mean and what else is going on? thanks
Please tell me you figured this out, I'm having the same issue but add the speedo and odometer doesn't work when I throttle up but it does when I pull the clutch and off throttle.

Old 09-22-2015, 10:01 AM
Travis Mosley
Stage II
Default 2000 FXDX speedometer trouble

Originally Posted by Texas_Rider11B
Please tell me you figured this out, I'm having the same issue but add the speedo and odometer doesn't work when I throttle up but it does when I pull the clutch and off throttle.
I had the exact same problem no codes in the system. Harley Davidson shop said replace speed sensor, no help then replace speedometer $250 + shop fee. I said no went to YouTube (lol last resort should be first) checked charging system, was fine at idle but on rev was going to 18+vdc. Ordered a rebuilt voltage regulator for $45.99 free shipping. Two days latter it arrived installed it now all is good.

Old 09-22-2015, 12:05 PM
Travis Mosley
Stage II

Originally Posted by jslum
CAL09 is the calibration setting for the speedometer, how to change the setting is beyond my pay grade. Mine is set to CAL 03 and at 50 mph the speedo reads 52.