Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna is a Geeser ride????

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 02:22 AM
DougsDyna
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dyna is a Geeser ride????

Couldn't help making this comment........................ I am becoming one of those at 53 years old....LOL.

The polls show that the Dyna is being ridin by a lot of us older kids!!!!!!!!! Yehaw!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding about the Geezer thing!!!!!!!!! Just kidding, but there are folks younger than me that may mistake me for an "old geezer".

If someone feels like an old geezer, I doubt they would even consider a Dyna.............

DougJ

Old 12-05-2006, 02:38 AM
Bear64
Banned
Default RE: Dyna is a Geeser ride????

I bought one this year and I'm 66, Before that my 2nd bike was a 1998 Triumph Thunderbird Sport.. your only as old as you feel get out there and ride

Old 12-05-2006, 02:52 AM
DougsDyna
Banned

ORIGINAL: Bear64

I bought one this year and I'm 66, Before that my 2nd bike was a 1998 Triumph Thunderbird Sport.. your only as old as you feel get out there and ride
I'll be back out there riding everyday it doesn't snow, as soon as my heated glove liners get here......... Fingers can't take riding in the mid twenties, anymore.
I haul my laundry on my Dyna............ People think I'm going camping, or something.........LOL.

BTW, How did you like your Triumph???????? Looked at a few, before I bought the Harley. Thought of buying the Rocket III, just to **** off my Harley buds.

DougJ

Old 12-05-2006, 02:57 AM
Bear64
Banned

I bought the triumph new in 98, it was a hoot to ride, 3 cyl. 6 speed, water cooled, fast as heck, wisper here "many a 1200 sporty fell prey to my little red triumph" but alas, I hit that deer and that little bike just was to rough for my back after that, so I sold it, almost bought a Sporty, but then decided to go with the FXD instead, glad I did that.

Old 12-05-2006, 03:18 AM
DougsDyna
Banned

ORIGINAL: Bear64

I bought the triumph new in 98, it was a hoot to ride, 3 cyl. 6 speed, water cooled, fast as heck, wisper here "many a 1200 sporty fell prey to my little red triumph" but alas, I hit that deer and that little bike just was to rough for my back after that, so I sold it, almost bought a Sporty, but then decided to go with the FXD instead, glad I did that.
The Sportster was my first choice in a Harley, but everyone talked me out of one. Love the Dyna and glad I took the advise of others.
Rode a buds 05 Sporty, and was totally worn out after 4 hours riding. 10 hours is not unusual on the Dyna.

I have a terrible back............ when it's really giving me pain, I get on the bike, lay back on the backrest, and go.
After 10-15 minutes all the pain is gone. Kinda wish I could get insurance to pay for the cure.

DougJ

Old 12-05-2006, 05:01 AM
traveler
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Kinda funny the folks that talk bad about the DYNA, never ride one.....everyone that has one or has had one never has anything but nice things to say about them. Susie has been a real joy for me...[&:]

Joe

Old 12-05-2006, 07:20 AM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I hope when I become a geezer that I don't have to ride one.

Old 12-05-2006, 09:47 AM
risdo
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

At 48, my kids think I'm a geezer... so I guess I qualify.

Although, one of my friends has "GEZRGLD" on the license plate on his Road King... and he's younger. So, don't feel bad...

Old 12-05-2006, 09:53 AM
05Dynachic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You're only a geezer if ya feel like a geezer! I LOVE my Dyna.........[sm=loveeyes.gif]

Old 12-05-2006, 09:56 AM
GeeRam
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: DougsDyna
The Sportster was my first choice in a Harley, but everyone talked me out of one. Love the Dyna and glad I took the advise of others.
Rode a buds 05 Sporty, and was totally worn out after 4 hours riding. 10 hours is not unusual on the Dyna.
DougJ
Same here, was intent on getting a Sportster, but everyone talked me out of it, especially the 2 that had bought Sporties new and ended up trading up for a bigger HD within a year.

Loved the retro look of the Softail Deluxe, but just couldn't get on with such a low seat height, and it's a lot more money. Again, the Street Bob appealed but it seems everyone's got one......

Didn't want to get too far down the major bits changing route just after buying, which I would have had to do with the Bob, and the extra costs involved, so the best value in terms of cost, instant ridability etc, was the Super Glide Custom, which is what I've ordered.

Unfortunately I've just got to wait the 3 months for it now.

Funnily enough, one of my best mates chose a Dyna Low because it was low enough for his missus to ride it as well......they still have it 14 years on......but i don't think she's riden it for years now.........she gets all dewey eyed at Softail Springers instead now......

Quick Reply: Dyna is a Geeser ride????