Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best tuner?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 07:44 AM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ahern25
What kind of issues are u running into? Can you describe for us? Im running a PCV aswell in an 09 road king. I love it. Just curious.
Backfiring, heavy decel popping, and intermittent stalling out after a long hiway run

Old 09-11-2012, 10:04 AM
edjack
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PCIII with LCD modula runs great and cooler.

Old 09-11-2012, 11:05 AM
Sharkman73
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

SE Pro Super Tuner is a great tuner. I have this + dyno tune & it made my bike run perfect....cooler, smoother, more responsive, leveled out my torque curve, etc.

I also hear great things about the TTS Mastertune...same principal as the SE pro tuner, but a little more user friendly from talking to others.

Most everything else, I either know someone who has issues or have read about various issues with.

This is not something to half-***....either get the SEPST or TTS Mastertune and find a good dyno guy and do it right this time.

Last edited by Sharkman73; 09-11-2012 at 11:07 AM.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:09 AM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

I'd like to know your problem, I have a PCV retro for 1 1/2yr running canned map, no problem. However, I will do a dyno tuned after my cam swap.

Old 09-11-2012, 11:28 AM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

theres nothing wrong with a power commander.
you need a new dyno tuner 3 tries and its not sorted out means he doesnt completely know what he's doing

Old 09-11-2012, 11:45 AM
bikebuilderdude
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TTS MasterTune, nice not having extra parts on the bike when done tuning and easy to use autotune. Same guys that use to make the S.E. Race Tuner for Harley.

Old 09-11-2012, 12:28 PM
trip20
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by toastman
Backfiring, heavy decel popping, and intermittent stalling out after a long hiway run
I'm no expert but I'm having this same issue occasionally, and it's not related to my Power Commander. I keep reading it can be the Speed Sensor, or the Throttle Position Sensor, or the IAC valve that can cause the symptoms you describe.

Granted, if you experience those symptoms full-time, it's probably not what I mentioned. But if it's an occasional happening, you may want to start investigating the items I mentioned.

Also, there's a bulletin referenced in this thread (it's a .txt doc in post #19) that may help.

Last edited by trip20; 09-11-2012 at 12:44 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:33 PM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 969 Likes on 732 Posts

Assuming that your dyno guy does know what he's doing it should not take 3 tries. Are you sure you completely ruled out and intake and exhaust leaks?
I was having the same issues as you and after 3 sets of intake seals and new exhaust seals they were much improved. Installing the TMax cured what was left of those problems. I like the auto tune feature and the tune just gets better with time. No need to dyno, either.

Last edited by nevil; 09-11-2012 at 12:40 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:06 PM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by nevil
Assuming that your dyno guy does know what he's doing it should not take 3 tries. Are you sure you completely ruled out and intake and exhaust leaks?
I was having the same issues as you and after 3 sets of intake seals and new exhaust seals they were much improved. Installing the TMax cured what was left of those problems. I like the auto tune feature and the tune just gets better with time. No need to dyno, either.
Originally Posted by Deuuuce
T-max.

3 times on the Dyno means your tuner is incompetent, and possibly something wrong with the bike.
Pretty much sums it up. If you tinker a lot with pipes or AC or other parts that would change performance a tuner that requires a dyno is not the best wat to go.

The TMax is simply a better way to go. I have been experimenting with my pipes and baffles and the TMax has never skipped a beat.

Old 09-11-2012, 03:41 PM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Theres no leak on the exhaust end, changed pipes about 2 months ago and there's fresh gaskets in there and everything is buttoned up tight.

The intake side is worth a look.

The bike isn't running lean or rich, I pulled my plugs and they look fine.

The problems I experience are intermittent, sometimes it backfires after heavy acceleration, and sometimes after a long highway run (let's say 20-30 miles running at 70 or so) when I get off my exit and stop at a light or stop sign I'll have to blip the throttle at idle or the bike will cut off...

Quick Reply: Best tuner?