Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

High idle until complete stop

Old 05-25-2013, 07:11 PM
mikeo33y
Road Warrior
Received 114 Likes on 69 Posts

dirty air filter. its happened on mx bikes

Old 05-25-2013, 07:31 PM
FASTnLOUDfxdwg
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know its not a dirty filter on mine. I put a stage 1 kit on it less than 800 miles ago

Old 05-25-2013, 07:33 PM
mikeo33y
Road Warrior
Received 114 Likes on 69 Posts

did u remap after installing it or maybe wrong map now.

Old 05-25-2013, 07:41 PM
FASTnLOUDfxdwg
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep installed the mods in my sig and had it dyno tuned with afr sensors in both pipes at the exits

Old 05-25-2013, 08:32 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

If you are not allowing the engine to completely idle down before turning off the engine the ecm will think that is the normal idle. and can take sometime before it will return to normal.
There are a lot that contributes to this. Not one thing will make it happen, several things will cause it.
Since it started after a repair I would double check everything you did to make sure it is correct. check your battery cables as well as grounds.
It is a fairly normal thing to happen to FI bikes though.

Old 05-25-2013, 10:42 PM
DoomGloom
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check your PC3 throttle settings. Make sure the the the throttle percentage reads 0 when it is completely closed. I had this issue and resetting it using the PCIII software corrected it. I will post a link on how to do this.

Old 05-25-2013, 10:51 PM
DoomGloom
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.powercommander.com/downlo...20Throttle.swf

Here is the walkthrough on how to confirm and reset the throttle position settings on the PCIII

Old 05-26-2013, 09:45 AM
Slvr764
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

My opinion: stop worrying about piddly BS like high idle for a few seconds once you are coming to a stop and just ride the damn thing.

The following users liked this post:
Rsbenden (07-16-2019)
Old 05-26-2013, 10:00 AM
Tanuki
Road Warrior
Received 47 Likes on 17 Posts

Have the same issue and have not cured it yet but many possible causes and have spent sometime researching the causes, could be Air Flow Sensor, Throttle Position Sensor or any number of other things.

Seems to happen intermittently and usually after running at speed, or changing elevation etc.

Have got carb cleaner and was looking at removing air filter and cleaning the Induction Module as it was suggested to me it could be the problem.

Anyone else found any remedies please share.

Can be dangerous as sometimes it will start doin it in traffic and have to ride the brakes or hold the clutch in until you can find a safe place to pull over and stop.

Clutching it or selecting neutral and letting the engine idle wont stop it but within a second or two of coming to a complete stop it will start to idle normally, which leads me to think it could be Air Flow Sensor.

Also have issues with very slow idle and then engine cutting out and lots of pop and back fire, then after coming to complete stop it returns to normal.

It is all very random and sometimes it will run normally for days then one day it will run like a bag of **** for awhile then come right.

Last edited by Tanuki; 05-26-2013 at 10:06 AM.
Old 05-26-2013, 10:04 AM
Tanuki
Road Warrior
Received 47 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Slvr764
My opinion: stop worrying about piddly BS like high idle for a few seconds once you are coming to a stop and just ride the damn thing.

Yeah right, sometimes when lane splitting down the highway and one lane mountain roads there is no place to pull over and stop so you have to ride it as is for a few miles, not always the nicest option.

It might be fine for you in the middle of the desert to be able to stop when ever you want to.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: High idle until complete stop