Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

High idle until complete stop

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 02:30 PM
HooliganCycles
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

might be a common thing, but its not normal. sounds like its running lean to me. regardless of how many people have the problem doesnt make it normal, just makes it a common problem. i wouldn't let it keep me from riding but i would fix it as soon as possible. like i said sounds like a lean fuel issue to me. good luck.

Old 05-28-2013, 02:03 AM
PKellyMc
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: PacNW; Beacon of Conservatism in a Sea of Liberals.......AZ Snowbird; Just another Conservative
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

My Wide Glide has always done it, too.

Old 05-28-2013, 05:05 AM
GlobeWarmer
Advanced

I experience the same thing and was told by a couple buddies and shops that it was tune related, which could true be with my temporary FuelPak that's on my bike. Other things to look at though are air cleaner/filter, as mentioned, IAC, TPS, cables, etc. I'd think with something that sporadically started that it is more likely to be one of the latter things before the tune.

Old 05-28-2013, 07:06 AM
FXDWG12
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, for my bike, it isn't the tune ( recently tuned, done it before and after ). It' isn't the air filter ( did filter mod day of the tune ).
And for me, it's no big deal. It only does it for a couple of seconds every once in a while. And only after exiting the Freeway. But I don't think my bike will run away unless I forget where the clutch or the brake is. I will stay open minded if someone find's something to check though.

Old 05-28-2013, 07:35 AM
Jeff's 1st Harley
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Mine used to do before I had the bike modded to the 103 with the 204 cams and dynoed, now it slow to idle as soon as I roll off the throttle.

Old 05-28-2013, 02:52 PM
Jesmaybe
6th Gear

This is interesting. So how do we determine if it is normal or not? It happnes to me too but only if i am comming of the highway after a good while of cruising. I never though much about it, haha.

Old 05-28-2013, 03:01 PM
Crazy
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,510 Likes on 803 Posts

Mine does it, rarely. It never does it if the bike has been running more than a half an hour. It did it both before and after dyno tuning, and it did it both before and after using the mastertune TTS. It's not something I worry at all about.

Crazy

Old 05-28-2013, 03:03 PM
chopNdrop
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine has been doing it a lot more lately now that its warmer. Kinda getting only nerves

Old 05-28-2013, 05:41 PM
midnitewolf
Advanced

Originally Posted by Slvr764
My opinion: stop worrying about piddly BS like high idle for a few seconds once you are coming to a stop and just ride the damn thing.
The problem is that it runs at high idle untill you stop then it slows down

Old 05-28-2013, 05:52 PM
cm ride
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bought mine new at the end of October, 7,813 miles and it does it too! Did it before the American Custom exhaust and stage1 and does it after as well, weird thing is it's not all the time. Oh well runs good so I'm not going to worry till it quits idling or refuses to idle down completely.

Quick Reply: High idle until complete stop