Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DYNA FRAME....No Way..

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 08:07 PM
rwalker1948
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DYNA FRAME....No Way..

I have a "boat anchor" frame on my 2005 DWG. Has anyone ever attempted to find an aftermarket dyna frame? Paughco and Chopper guys both told me they might have one NEXT year??? I looked HIGH and LOW they just don't exist. I asked Paughco and Chopper "the 2000-2005 Dyna frame is now old. Why are you taking so long? Of course the tranny/swingarm answer emerged. I was told to change my tranny into a 2003-06 FL case and then buy a $3500 aftermarket frame. Of course I must change my inner/outer PCC covers and numerous other items. But who am I to doubt the knowledgeable ones. BS. A new OEM frame can be bought for just under $2000 so why bother? I would like to lighten up but........GMAB......

DOES anyone have any ideas as to a way to go?

All HD responses welcome,
Thanx,
Rick

Old 03-08-2007, 02:29 AM
mud
muderator
Received 8,808 Likes on 2,070 Posts
Default RE: DYNA FRAME....No Way..

This query makes just about zero sense to me.

I know I am a bit slow. Special is the politically correct terminology.

Would you please rephrase, and/or condense??

And, please, no abbreviations.

much appreciated in advance.

mud

ORIGINAL: rwalker1948

I have a "boat anchor" frame on my 2005 DWG. Has anyone ever attempted to find an aftermarket dyna frame? Paughco and Chopper guys both told me they might have one NEXT year??? I looked HIGH and LOW they just don't exist. I asked Paughco and Chopper "the 2000-2005 Dyna frame is now old. Why are you taking so long? Of course the tranny/swingarm answer emerged. I was told to change my tranny into a 2003-06 FL case and then buy a $3500 aftermarket frame. Of course I must change my inner/outer PCC covers and numerous other items. But who am I to doubt the knowledgeable ones. BS. A new OEM frame can be bought for just under $2000 so why bother? I would like to lighten up but........GMAB......

DOES anyone have any ideas as to a way to go?

All HD responses welcome,
Thanx,
Rick

Old 03-08-2007, 02:43 AM
metal_mike
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ness has been making dyna frames for years.....checkout the y2k

Old 03-08-2007, 03:13 AM
R Racing
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes Ness does have a real nice one but its pricey, and you have to buy the tank and a few other things that are just for that frame. What wrong with the frame you have?

Jim

Old 03-08-2007, 01:50 PM
rwalker1948
3rd Gear

So sorry for the rambling. It has become very frustrating trying to find an aftermarket, reasonable priced frame that would take all my existing hardware. My bike was wrecked very badly. 2 frame straightening shops indicated that it was junk. So, 10 days ago I started looking. Since I would need a new one why not go a little lighter? Well I have not found an aftermarket onesss after putting out feelers and researching till endlessly. OEM is easy to get and I feel reasonable. So after all the searching I guess I'll just stick with the original.

Rick
I'll check the Ness but there again I don't particularly want to change that much hardware.

Old 03-08-2007, 02:16 PM
zippo201
Cruiser

Try here: http://www.atlasprecision.com/item.a...;Placeholder=0

Zippo

Old 03-08-2007, 08:27 PM
rwalker1948
3rd Gear

Zippo,
Thanx so much that frame is ~ the price range of an OEM and what I was looking for. I'll be back at you and let you know particulars. Again thanx.......

Rick

Old 03-08-2007, 10:29 PM
traveler
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

You can get a custom frame made. do a google search...there is a shop in canada, that can build you a new frame. I considered them, but I would rather chop a stock frame myself....I like Harley frames. If your frame is junk, then havea custom frame bent up, and use the neck tube off of your old frame to keep the registration as a Harley. This is illegal, so make sure you get rid of the old frame, i.e. cut up into pieces and throw away. May not be smart, but that's what I'd do......I'd never register bike as a custom, insurance costs will rape you. Rules get stupid, so we chopper guys have to find ways around the rules.

Joe
[&:]

Old 03-08-2007, 11:08 PM
JimboFXD
Cruiser

If you end up going with the atlas rigid frame post up what you think about the frame and some pic's. I want to turn my 99 into a rigid and that looks like the best way to go.

[IMG]local://upfiles/5700/6B5C61C49A414647A2FAB59EBCABFAC5.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-09-2007, 12:19 PM
zippo201
Cruiser

Rick,
You're welcome. Post some pics if you decide to go with the Atlas frame. I'm considering going that route. I just have to drink enough beers and have my credit card nearby and the frame will be on its way.
Zippo

Quick Reply: DYNA FRAME....No Way..