Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2017, 09:12 PM
MRFREEZE57
Grand HDF Member
Received 4,076 Likes on 1,909 Posts

Originally Posted by DynaKid94
Got the Supertrapp on, Bassani is now with a friend who is enjoying it on his new-to-him dyna...

Got it on Wednesday night, then proceeded to be sick as a dog...felt good enough yesterday to get out for a bit of a rip. Quiet at idle but has a nice roar when you roll on the throttle, no more bracket clearance issues like I had with the Bassani and my taller shocks. Bike feels a little more responsive, seems like the power curve might have smoothed out a bit, this is all of course according to the butt-dyno...overall I'm very happy with it.

that is what I like about the super trapp, has better sound than stock but will not hurt your ears or make enemies of your neighbors.

Old 11-07-2017, 07:43 AM
ucbruce
Tourer
Received 152 Likes on 120 Posts

Got the Supertrapp on, Bassani is now with a friend who is enjoying it on his new-to-him dyna...

Got it on Wednesday night, then proceeded to be sick as a dog...felt good enough yesterday to get out for a bit of a rip. Quiet at idle but has a nice roar when you roll on the throttle, no more bracket clearance issues like I had with the Bassani and my taller shocks. Bike feels a little more responsive, seems like the power curve might have smoothed out a bit, this is all of course according to the butt-dyno...overall I'm very happy with it.
Are those 13.5" rear shocks?

Old 11-07-2017, 11:04 AM
DynaKid94
Road Warrior
Received 586 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by ucbruce
Are those 13.5" rear shocks?
If memory serves me right that is indeed the height...

Old 11-07-2017, 01:16 PM
rednred
Tourer
Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Love it or list it?

Will start by saying this is best thread on the site!

Finally getting my 14 closer to 'mine' (pics attached). Some changes are obvious - e.g. AC/exhaust (including HD tuner), rear shocks, led head and tail lights, laydown curved plate frame, sissy bar/luggage rack, seat, etc.
Some changes are not - e.g. predator front motor mount, ~1.5" tank lift, front signals relocated with HD kit, headlight and bars raised ~3/4 inch.
Future improvements include forks (also possibly rear shocks), signal lights to led and change exhaust to cobra el diablo or VH upswept 2-1.

I have ridden several of the new softtails and am being tempted by the new 114 (and new platform). The 107 isn't different enough to tempt me. Haven't ridden fat bob yet but so far my fav is fat boy s.

Has anyone else been tempted? if yes, by what new model? why?

Would you consider stage 2 ( or 3) instead of new? Which (2 or 3) would make it most like new 114 (except for vibes, of course)? ... or is either worthwhile?

Are any of the new 114 models worth the required 20K plus?

Just wanting to hear what others that have ridden new models are thinking.

Thanks!

Last edited by soldierbot; 04-02-2021 at 07:46 AM.
Old 11-08-2017, 06:16 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,150 Likes on 3,797 Posts

Originally Posted by rednred
Will start by saying this is best thread on the site!

I have ridden several of the new softtails and am being tempted by the new 114 (and new platform). The 107 isn't different enough to tempt me. Haven't ridden fat bob yet but so far my fav is fat boy s.

Has anyone else been tempted? if yes, by what new model? why?

Would you consider stage 2 ( or 3) instead of new? Which (2 or 3) would make it most like new 114 (except for vibes, of course)? ... or is either worthwhile?

Are any of the new 114 models worth the required 20K plus?

Just wanting to hear what others that have ridden new models are thinking. Thanks!
First, thanks. I too believe this is a great thread. Best thread on the forum for sure. And that is coming from someone with no interest or bias whatsoever.

I demo'd a 114 Fat Bob. Nice bike but I am not getting one. My LR is bought and paid for and has a lot of life left. Dropping $20K plus sales tax and all the accessories is not something I will be doing. When it is time to get a new bike, I will be looking for garage queens.

Old 11-08-2017, 10:06 PM
rednred
Tourer
Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Maybe the best bike attracts the best riders

I'm coming from the place of remembering how I felt on first LR ride and found myself with the same smile after riding 114 fat boy.
BUT -- the 20K+ is definitely a consideration. They are also still releasing new models so might be worth waiting to see what other choices we might have.

The barn queen sounds like the smart way to go!

Thanks for your response!

Originally Posted by Ikelove
First, thanks. I too believe this is a great thread. Best thread on the forum for sure. And that is coming from someone with no interest or bias whatsoever.

I demo'd a 114 Fat Bob. Nice bike but I am not getting one. My LR is bought and paid for and has a lot of life left. Dropping $20K plus sales tax and all the accessories is not something I will be doing. When it is time to get a new bike, I will be looking for garage queens.

Old 11-08-2017, 11:45 PM
JuanderBoy
Cruiser
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Quick reminder: there are no sharp turns on dirt.
Little scratches on the pipes and fairing but the ego is severely bruised.

Old 11-08-2017, 11:57 PM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,388 Likes on 2,952 Posts

Sure changed the look of the bike.

Old 11-09-2017, 09:00 AM
rideon
Road Warrior
Received 110 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by JuanderBoy
Quick reminder: there are no sharp turns on dirt.
Little scratches on the pipes and fairing but the ego is severely bruised.

Ouch that hurts just looking at that!

Old 11-09-2017, 12:00 PM
JoshFXDL
Road Captain
Received 70 Likes on 57 Posts

ah that sucks man, sorry you dropped her

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider