Electrical/Lighting/Alarm Having electrical problems? Discussion on everything electrical and lighting systems.

Chamberlain / Liftmaster compatible with Harley garage door opener

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 12:29 PM
spepin
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Chamberlain / Liftmaster compatible with Harley garage door opener

So I have the Harley Davidson garage door opener that interfaces with the headlight switch on my bike. Works great - or at least it did until I replaced my old opener with a new Chamberlain / Liftmaster opener with MyQ technology (the MyQ technology allows you to interface additional lighting controls with the opener, as well as control/monitor it through your smart phone or via the internet). Since the wall control uses a new smart interface (there is a built-in LCD display that shows time/temperature and allows for programming), the simple dry contact output of the Harley receiver is no longer compatible.

I have developed a modification which adds a Security+2.0 MyQ interface which restores full functionality of the Harley garage door opener interface, and it installs within the case of the original receiver. Note that the Crafstman AssureLink openers are functionally identical to the Chamberlain/Liftmaster, so this modification applies to those as well.

The modification is available as a service (where the buyer sends their existing receiver to me for modification) Also, I'm currently offering brand new receivers with the Security+2.0 MyQ interface already built in, and also as an inline module add-on. Currently, the modification service is listed at $50 which includes parts, labor, testing and a 90 day warranty. Brand new OEM (non Harley branded, but otherwise identical in appearance and operation), are $75 (which is the same as the list price for the Harley Davidson 91562-01 receiver, but includes the modification already installed). An inline module runs $55. Also available is a universal module, which is the same as the inline module, but it has longer leads with tinned wires instead of the connectors, to connect virtually any legacy equipment with relay outputs.

You can check out the modification service and inline modules here:
www.creativeaccesssolutions.com

Steve.

P.S. I've attached some pics of what goes into the modification so you see that it's not just a waste of money. In the first set of photos, the small board is the Security+2.0 MyQ interface. No other external modifications need to be made. The second set of photos show the inline module. With the inline module, no need to ship your receiver to me (unless it's not working and you want me to check it out, or you want the stealth look of everything being inside the receiver with nothing external). Either way, it's just plug-n-play.

Attached Thumbnails Chamberlain / Liftmaster compatible with Harley garage door opener-photo-3.jpg   Chamberlain / Liftmaster compatible with Harley garage door opener-photo-2.jpg   Chamberlain / Liftmaster compatible with Harley garage door opener-photo-1.jpg   Chamberlain / Liftmaster compatible with Harley garage door opener-20141001_013630124_ios.jpg   Chamberlain / Liftmaster compatible with Harley garage door opener-20141001_013722342_ios.jpg  

Last edited by spepin; 12-25-2014 at 07:35 AM. Reason: Fixed link
The following 2 users liked this post by spepin:
EliRider (01-05-2018), sportglide (01-14-2018)
Old 04-07-2014, 10:28 AM
MIKEKIM
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You know, mods are great and I used to have the HD garage opener but I added it to my Wide Glide when I sold it. I have a Chamberlain and all i did was get the key fob, sticky it to the inside of my fairing and run wires to a button I mounted on my switch plate on my street glide.

Cool part is, my range is a lot better this way then it ever was with the HD opener.

Old 05-01-2014, 01:13 PM
kanakattk
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm Interested.

Old 05-01-2014, 04:52 PM
spepin
Novice

Originally Posted by kanakattk
I'm Interested.
www.creativeaccesssolutions.com

Last edited by spepin; 12-02-2014 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Updated URL
Old 08-09-2014, 12:34 PM
dbrown9867
Stage III

Hello I am need of your services for my HD garage door opener receiver modification.
Can you please call me what I need to do to get my modded? Thanks Dan Brown
520-331-8170

Old 08-09-2014, 01:08 PM
spepin
Novice

No problem - just email me at support@CreativeAccessSolutions.com and I'll send you the address to ship your receiver to.

Last edited by spepin; 02-25-2015 at 12:48 PM.
Old 08-09-2014, 11:43 PM
dbrown9867
Stage III

Steve thanks

Old 02-25-2015, 12:47 PM
spepin
Novice
Default Universal interface module now available!

I've now added the Universal Interface Module to the site. It's the same as the inline module, but it has longer wires with stripped, tinned leads. It can be used for interfacing just about any type of legacy device with your Security+ 2.0 garage door opener. Such devices include universal receivers, aftermarket receivers, fingerprint scanners, home automation/alarm equipment, etc. Just about anything with a relay or dry contact output can be interfaced with the Security+ 2.0 openers with this module. It's being introduced with a special 10% discount for a limited time (from now, through March 2015). Check out www.creativeaccesssolutions.com for more info!

Attached Thumbnails Chamberlain / Liftmaster compatible with Harley garage door opener-20150224_005901408_ios.jpg  
Old 07-26-2015, 12:06 PM
spepin
Novice
Default New addition to product lineup

Just added -- External wireless module! This module is compatible with any Chamberlain, LiftMaster or Craftsman opener manufactured since 1993. It's wireless, so you just plug it in to the connector on the back of your HD receiver -- no control cable needed! Simple programming instructions included (or you can check them out here http://1drv.ms/1GRoAos ) Powered by an internal CR2032 lithium coin cell battery that lasts up to 5 years!

Check out www.CreativeAccessSolutions.com for more info or to order!

We also sell OEM replacement receivers if yours is broken, and also do repairs on your original HD receiver (they're known to be somewhat problematic).

Attached Thumbnails Chamberlain / Liftmaster compatible with Harley garage door opener-20150627_235149477_ios.jpg   Chamberlain / Liftmaster compatible with Harley garage door opener-20150627_234822429_ios.jpg  
Old 08-08-2015, 09:18 AM
Steve Rains
Stage I
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Craftsman Garage Door Issues

I replaced my garage door opener in 2014 with a new Craftsman with the smart technology. My sons gave me the HD remote garage door opener where you flash your headlights and it opens or closes the door. I could not get it to work on the new opener but it would work on a 2002 Liftmaster. I called the dealer and they said they had no idea what to do. I called Harley Customer Care and was told that it was not compatible with the newer openers that have a yellow antenna wire and learn button. HD told me that they have a blurb on the advertisement that said it was compatible with most garage door openers. I looked on Harley Forum and found that Creative Access Solutions had a modification for the HD receiver and I sent it to them. The receiver arrived on a Wednesday and they turned it around the same day. I plugged it in and programmed it in less than 2 minutes and it works great. Disappointed that HD did not have an answer or even a suggestion but glad there was a modification by Creative Access Solutions that make it work.

The following users liked this post:
sportglide (01-14-2018)

Quick Reply: Chamberlain / Liftmaster compatible with Harley garage door opener