Engine Mechanical Topics Discussion for motor builds, cams, head work, stripped bolts and other engine related issues. The good and the bad. If it goes round and around or up and down, post it here.

Baisley Pro street Heads

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2017, 01:13 PM
hrdtail78
Road Warrior

Received 566 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by Sisu
I expect dependable/streetable 135+ out of my 117".
It will also see the 1/8th once in a while.

Not an unreasonable number to hit out of a streetable 117. Still should be able to load up mama for a spin down to the ice cream parlor with no pms and hit the track when wanted.

Old 07-14-2017, 10:54 PM
PWMORRIS
Road Captain
Received 119 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by Yo_Boss
You are clearly just here to cheerlead for your friend. The facts are the facts and the fact is $2,200 for headwork is ridiculous. I can predict your response about its good work, blah, blah.... so are the other top porters here. Sadly you attacked a man who was unhappy with the job baisley did for him... I believe that is his opinion and he's entitled to it.
What up Big Boss?
I posted earlier that there are ALL KINDS of prices on head work....from the 299. Special on up.
If you roll up on me some day and I smoke you and your bike in front of your friends, did what you or I pay for our head work really matter? You will remember it for years, and your buddies will for sure remind you of it-trust me, I have ran into guys years later who got spanked on their "big bad street bikes", and they still get crap for it.
Seriously, no matter what you paid, you got your *** owned.
Appreciate your opinion....that's how these threads work. You say your piece, someone else says theirs-it's all good, and then the public decides.
How's that bike doing? Joe and his Dyno dialed it in for you? Nice-
Hillside head work? Scott does a great job. You speaking for yourself? Anyone else? Cool-You speaking for the guy I responded to? Why?

This is funny as hell...
How did you get the name "Boss"? Did you earn it? Just an Internet "Dream Name"? You run a big organization? How did you get there being the Big Boss? Daddy put you there, or did you earn it, day by day, busting your *** being better than everyone else, dominating those in your field, and proving time after time you are "The Man"- and over time, everyone knew it, and you earned the title? Maybe you actually became know Wold Wide, like Dan Baisley, and set multiple Records and Chmpionships, or in other business speak, set "top of the bar" standards which all others were measured by. In addition, as far as your character, you were humble, respectful, honest, transparent, didn't play games, and an overall great guy who spent hours trying to help those who at the end of the day, didn't even do business with you. Are you that guy?
Don't know what business you are in, or if you are really an actual person, and not an Internet "schill", but I bet if you are an actual "Big Boss" in your industry, and if someone said you are living off your name, and really nothing, over rated, over priced, and "ridiculous", you might understand what is going on here....

Don't be sad, he gave his opinion, and I Gave the facts. Fact is, he said Baisley was living off his name. Bullshit. Fact is, (re-read his post) he never said he was unhappy with Baisley's work. Fact is, as I said, he had blow by and leak down issues that had nothing to do with Baisley's heads...nothing, zero.
He then went another direction on his build after his issues-cool, but keep Baisley out of it. Period.
Fact is, Baisley's "name" makes more power than he ever will. I posted and proved it....not an opinion. Fact.

Last edited by PWMORRIS; 07-14-2017 at 11:25 PM.
Old 12-17-2017, 06:43 PM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

.,,not involved

Last edited by TOMMYBLAZIN; 12-17-2017 at 06:53 PM.
Old 12-17-2017, 07:11 PM
jdscycle
Novice
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow, this has become a shootin match. Dan Baisley may cost more than some other porters, But, You get precise work with darn near 50 years of experience. Dan has various head packages for various types of riding. I have used him for many years with out and failure of valve guides, leaking valves ect. I trust Dan for honesty and reliability. I just too apart a 106" build that I built 9 years and 65,000 miles ago. This bike runs a side car and is ridden hard when the side car is off. Over the past 9 years, the only thing I did was repair a rocker leak. You get what you pay for. BTW, Jim at Megaflow is awesome too!

The following users liked this post:
TXCHOP (12-19-2017)
Old 12-19-2017, 09:51 PM
PWMORRIS
Road Captain
Received 119 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by jdscycle
Wow, this has become a shootin match. Dan Baisley may cost more than some other porters, But, You get precise work with darn near 50 years of experience. Dan has various head packages for various types of riding. I have used him for many years with out and failure of valve guides, leaking valves ect. I trust Dan for honesty and reliability. I just too apart a 106" build that I built 9 years and 65,000 miles ago. This bike runs a side car and is ridden hard when the side car is off. Over the past 9 years, the only thing I did was repair a rocker leak. You get what you pay for.
Damn straight, and a lesson for the shills, dreamers, and wanna bees....
Respect is earned, not bought, and results and reputation have no price.

Merry Christmas to all!

The following users liked this post:
TXCHOP (12-19-2017)