Engine Mechanical Topics Discussion for motor builds, cams, head work, stripped bolts and other engine related issues. The good and the bad. If it goes round and around or up and down, post it here.

power commander installed correctly?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 08:03 AM
Pgr1990
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power commander installed correctly?

I have a 2010 nightster, this weekend i installed v&h sideshots, se heavy breather, and a power commander v. I got my PC from fuel moto so it had a canned map. Installing the exhaust and aircleaner was pretty straight forward, but im not sure if the power commander was properly installed. The green light is on when the bikes on and when i hook it up to the computer it shows me the rpms and throttle %. If it is responding to this information does it mean that the fuel management is working as well. (i called dynojet and the tech didnt really help me at all) This was my first time ever installing a PC and despite everyone on the forum saying how easy it is to install for me it was the most confusing thing!

Old 09-15-2010, 10:34 AM
Nosaints1
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How is the bike running? If the bike is running ok and you only have one green bar lit of the PC module while at idle you should be ok...if you have more than one bar at idle you might have to adjust the throttle postion with your laptop hooked up to the scoot...it's very easy...there is a ton of info on this forum to walk you through it. I posted one on the Dyna forum and it details setting your throttle position. Do you have one green bar at idle only?

Old 09-16-2010, 12:00 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,118 Likes on 1,341 Posts

Originally Posted by Pgr1990
I have a 2010 nightster, this weekend i installed v&h sideshots, se heavy breather, and a power commander v. I got my PC from fuel moto so it had a canned map. Installing the exhaust and aircleaner was pretty straight forward, but im not sure if the power commander was properly installed. The green light is on when the bikes on and when i hook it up to the computer it shows me the rpms and throttle %. If it is responding to this information does it mean that the fuel management is working as well. (i called dynojet and the tech didnt really help me at all) This was my first time ever installing a PC and despite everyone on the forum saying how easy it is to install for me it was the most confusing thing!
If the green light is on when the bike is running and it is showing active data in the PC-V software everything is install and working properly

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com