EVO All Evo Model Discussion

FXR with Floorboards

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 09:34 PM
ruger44
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FXR with Floorboards

I just installed a set of floorboards on a FXRS-SP, they came from a police model and fit like a glove.
The problem I now have is that the Shift lever is mounted where it would have been with pegs.This places the shifter in the middle of the board. I would like to move it forward like they are on road kings and such.
The bikes that came with boards have a pivot tube mounted on front of the engine and the shifters mount there ( towards the front of the floorboards). Is this a casting on the engine or does this bolt on. Does any after market companies make such an animal. Any one have any experince at this or have any suggestions I would be most thankful.

Thanks

Old 10-11-2007, 02:05 AM
Buddy WMC
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: FXR with Floorboards

If I remember correctly what you are looking for is cast in as part of the inner primary cover. You must have the FXR type with the shift tube though the inspection cover. You'llneed to either switch to a compatible forward control setup, or swap out the inner primary and pick up the HD shifter parts needed. It's not a big deal, but in either case the inner must be removed. I went the other way a few months ago and converted from forward controls back to mid controls.

It might be possible to weld an aluminum tube to accomodate the shifter shaft on your existing inner primary. Someone with more experience in that area needs to advise ya there.

Old 10-11-2007, 04:04 AM
ruger44
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FXR with Floorboards

So the shift linkage pivot tube is cast into the Primary cover I kind of thought that was the case. I removed the forward controls to go to floorboards for long distance comfort.
I found a nice iner primary housing for a FLT that may replace my current primary. It has the cast tube I may try this route
Thanks