Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Hooker tuned flow exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 02:16 AM
bmelby
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hooker tuned flow exhaust?

Hey i've got an 07 street glide and have been shopping around for a while now for the right exhaust. I've listened to several sound clips and haven't heard any live cuz i live in a very small town with no dealership close by so I need some opinions and advice. I like the sound of the hookers and from what i've heard from a few ppl is they are very loud which i like and the performance is good too...they have four optional settings for horsepower or torque and the dyno results were something like 98 ft/lbs torque and 85 hp at 3200 rpms which isn't bad at all...of course they had air intake and pc III but i plan on all that too. So my question for everyone out there on forums is what do you think of the hookers and if you have heard them or have any experience with them let me know. Thank you for all of your opinions.

Old 04-19-2009, 04:03 AM
kansasroadking
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I tried them and did not like them at all, sounded "hollow" to me...

IMHO there are several MUCH better options for fuel and ignition management than PC3's... they suck... bad... unless you are a master tuner or know one.
again IMHO....

Old 05-02-2009, 01:11 PM
Dustball
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got 'um, and I love the sound. They have a nice rumble at lower RPMs, so you can ease out of your neighborhood without pissing off the nice folks next door. However, you unscrew the throttle and that rumble quickly grows into a massive bark. The other thing important to be was the sound levels at highway speeds, and these have a beautiful growl and won't kill your ears. Yeah, I've extremely pleased with the Hooker Tuned Flows.

I'm running a Dobeck/Techlusion TFI on a 88" w/stage 1 and can say that the boys with the 95" and newer 96"s can't get away from me, be it rolling down the super slab or climbing the high passes of the Sierra Nevada. *Note: I know I can get even more power out of it too, but I sacrificed another 10% of my mpg in order to do it. Right now I'm getting 36 city/42 highway.

My plans are to skip the 95" and eventually go straight to the 103" because I want the upgrade to be a substantial one. But for now, my precision a$$ dyno says that my engine/TFI/ehaust combo is laying down some good power.

http://www.techlusion.com/

Old 05-02-2009, 01:27 PM
paul s
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

"dyno results were something like 98 ft/lbs torque and 85 hp" Those are kinda big numbers for just a pipe,tuner and air filter.

Last edited by paul s; 05-02-2009 at 01:29 PM.
Old 05-02-2009, 07:30 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 216 Likes on 129 Posts

yeah, those are the numbers I am getting with 211 cams.

Old 05-02-2009, 10:00 PM
jd8181
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i just changed my pipes from python3's to hooker troublemakers and they are louder (which i really like) but they sound really good. i would say go for it and there price right now can't be beat.i get people telling me all the time that they like the sound and i really like the look.
those number do seem alittle big. my number in the sig is from the python3's and i just did a base line and i'm going to have to get my bike retuned and it looks like it's going to get alittle better numbers with the hookers