Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the Harley Davidson Forum software here.

Stalking HDforum Members

Old 11-09-2017, 05:10 PM
TSheff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,340 Likes on 1,548 Posts

I still read much more than I get involved with. I get that this is the HD Forum, and initially I expected a little rougher crowd than is here, but as the real world is NOW the HD crowd is diverse. After 4 years I've learned a lot about certain members.
Where I see most issues are Snowflakes and Cupcakes (I know - no name calling) getting Butthurt when an Old Skool guy just gives an appropriate, while harsh response. Some feel threatened when there is no threat and they just go off. I believe that's called PARANOID and they don't get every comment is not about them. It is fun to read, UNTIL.
For me as far as the reporting part - Sorry - Snitches get Stitches is too hard to forget and really not in the spirit of a H-D anything.
At least now I know what oil to use and where to put my gas cap.

Old 11-09-2017, 05:30 PM
Veekness
Elite HDF Member
Received 638 Likes on 494 Posts

Originally Posted by TSheff
I still read much more than I get involved with. I get that this is the HD Forum, and initially I expected a little rougher crowd than is here, but as the real world is NOW the HD crowd is diverse. After 4 years I've learned a lot about certain members.
Where I see most issues are Snowflakes and Cupcakes (I know - no name calling) getting Butthurt when an Old Skool guy just gives an appropriate, while harsh response. Some feel threatened when there is no threat and they just go off. I believe that's called PARANOID and they don't get every comment is not about them. It is fun to read, UNTIL.
For me as far as the reporting part - Sorry - Snitches get Stitches is too hard to forget and really not in the spirit of a H-D anything.
At least now I know what oil to use and where to put my gas cap.
Well played, sir...you get guys in here that are attracted to 'the badass lifestyle'...and when a read badass answers a stupid question in the appropriate fashion, they get butthurt...and back in the day, that's how we were treated, and we learned...boy howdy, did we learn! But now...it's changed, and the 'brotherhood' that used to be...just isn't.

Old 11-09-2017, 05:31 PM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 36,872 Likes on 17,361 Posts

Originally Posted by Veekness
... But now...it's changed, and the 'brotherhood' that used to be...just isn't.

Hey, for 25 bucks you get online and buy all the 'brotherhood' you can stand!

Old 11-09-2017, 05:53 PM
FatTony
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 153 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by IzzoQuazzo
Generally speaking, we give people a wide latitude and an opportunity to change their ways. This involves a long process of warnings and infractions. Some people get it, others not. One person was given a 7 day vacation this morning. Not saying who. I'm sure you guys can figure it out. In short, we give them plenty of rope before we give the jerk a jerk.
Are you sure about that? Because I had a mod threaten to go straight to having an admin delete my account entirely when I have a total of zero infractions in 10 years as a member of this forum for the crime of not posting enough outside of POD. If you guys want to start enforcing that fair enough I guess, but the threatened punishment (as a first action no less!) doesn't exactly fit the so-called crime given what certain well known instigators have pulled and they are still around.

Old 11-09-2017, 05:56 PM
TSheff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,340 Likes on 1,548 Posts

Originally Posted by Veekness
back in the day, that's how we were treated, and we learned...boy howdy, did we learn! But now...it's changed, and the 'brotherhood' that used to be...just isn't.
No Badass claim here, definitely got some Old Skool education, Good and Bad. The brotherhood is still alive, some just don't understand they aren't even step-brothers or cousins and when someone points it out they pout about it.

Old 11-09-2017, 06:04 PM
FLYING_BURRITO_BROTHER
NOT A MODERATOR
Received 20,402 Likes on 7,991 Posts

Originally Posted by FatTony
Are you sure about that? Because I had a mod threaten to go straight to having an admin delete my account entirely when I have a total of zero infractions in 10 years as a member of this forum for the crime of not posting enough outside of POD. If you guys want to start enforcing that fair enough I guess, but the threatened punishment (as a first action no less!) doesn't exactly fit the so-called crime given what certain well known instigators have pulled and they are still around.

The following users liked this post:
FatTony (11-09-2017)
Old 11-09-2017, 06:32 PM
Veekness
Elite HDF Member
Received 638 Likes on 494 Posts

Originally Posted by TSheff
No Badass claim here, definitely got some Old Skool education, Good and Bad. The brotherhood is still alive, some just don't understand they aren't even step-brothers or cousins and when someone points it out they pout about it.
​​​​​​​Yessir, couldn't agree more...

Old 11-09-2017, 06:39 PM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,039 Likes on 3,711 Posts

Originally Posted by FatTony

If a person posts something especially egregious, they can be banned immediately. You did read the beginning of my statement where I said, "Generally speaking", did you not? Or are you just being contrary?

Old 11-10-2017, 01:27 AM
FatTony
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 153 Likes on 120 Posts

I just want to know exactly what my supposed crime was. How am i suppised to not do it again otherwise?

Old 11-10-2017, 02:26 AM
HKMark23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,934 Likes on 1,111 Posts

The name of the Moonbat game is to shut down conservative discourse and opinion on as much public media as possible in order to skew perception, on all political fronts, as to prevailing political consensus. On more conservatively established sites, goading tactics which result in thread locking and contributor banning, are the method of choice. On generally neutral sites, swarming, vitriolic, ad hominem attacks prove effective at keeping even moderately conservative opinion at bay.

This is what Communists like Soros pay to have done. The more Conservatives become aware enough not to be suckered into providing results which prove these censorship efforts to be effective, the more Trolls will need to find a new line of work. Despite their deception, Liberals aren't as devoted as they ostensibly seem. They're in it for personal reward of some sort. Just don't act / post in ways that serve to provide it and you'll see Moonbat resolve is every bit as weak as Moonbat Intellect.