General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How is it even possible, really?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 10:32 AM
solobip
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default How is it even possible, really?

When I was shopping for a "new to me" bike last year, I saw a lot of ads that claimed "Never ridden in the rain" bragging about how clean and all the bike was. I like a clean bike as much as anybody, but if you have 20K or more miles on it, no matter how old it is, how is it really even possible to never get caught in rain. I started thinking, move on, if they ain't gonna tell the truth about sometime as minor as that, hell, who knows what other lies are coming.

Old 03-17-2015, 10:38 AM
caedenspa
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

I only ride mine on a treadmill in a climate controlled environment protected from bird droppings, road grime, and bug splatter.

Old 03-17-2015, 10:41 AM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,856 Likes on 1,287 Posts

Maybe he lives in a desert.

Old 03-17-2015, 10:43 AM
chromepony
Tourer
Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Good point, but it is possible depending on the location of the bike.... California, Arizona ..... and then some people won't ride if there's a cloud within 500 miles.

Old 03-17-2015, 10:44 AM
1BRAVO9
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 579 Likes on 270 Posts

Most I hear say that don't necessarily mean it in the strict sense. When someone says that I take it to mean they don't ride when the chance of rains is very likely.

I have never ridden my bikes in the rain, but that's not to say they have never been rained on. I got caught in the rain once on my SG but luckily I was n't far from home so it was only for a few minutes.

Sometimes I think its a way of just relaying how well they take care of their bikes. I'm not sure I would discount them based on that statement, you may very well miss out on some good bikes at some good prices.

Old 03-17-2015, 10:48 AM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,856 Likes on 1,287 Posts

Originally Posted by Machiavelli
Most I hear say that don't necessarily mean it in the strict sense. When someone says that I take it to mean they don't ride when the chance of rains is very likely.

I have never ridden my bikes in the rain, but that's not to say they have never been rained on. I got caught in the rain once on my SG but luckily I was n't far from home so it was only for a few minutes.

Sometimes I think its a way of just relaying how well they take care of their bikes. I'm not sure I would discount them based on that statement, you may very well miss out on some good bikes at some good prices.
You rode it in the rain for a few minutes!!!!!You'll never sell it now.

Old 03-17-2015, 10:53 AM
1BRAVO9
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mark@ Baker Drivetrain
You rode it in the rain for a few minutes!!!!!You'll never sell it now.

DAMN!! I was afraid of that......

Old 03-17-2015, 10:56 AM
caedenspa
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Machiavelli
DAMN!! I was afraid of that......
Well, if you're willing to discount it, I'll take that Deuce off your hands. But remember, it's been rained on. So I'm expecting a BIG discount.

Old 03-17-2015, 11:01 AM
1BRAVO9
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by caedenspa
Well, if you're willing to discount it, I'll take that Deuce off your hands. But remember, it's been rained on. So I'm expecting a BIG discount.
I bought that Deuce in Nashville, and I bought it spur of the moment. A guy offered me a good deal but said I had to pick it up that day. So I hauled *** that day in my truck with my trailer.

Almost as soon as I bought the bike on my way home (I live about 6 hours from Nashville) it began to rain. So while it was on the trailer it was in the rain but technically its never been "ridden" in the rain.

Therefore there is just no way I could discount it. I apologize.

Old 03-17-2015, 11:06 AM
caedenspa
Cruiser

Originally Posted by machiavelli
i bought that deuce in nashville, and i bought it spur of the moment. A guy offered me a good deal but said i had to pick it up that day. So i hauled *** that day in my truck with my trailer.

Almost as soon as i bought the bike on my way home (i live about 6 hours from nashville) it began to rain. So while it was on the trailer it was in the rain but technically its never been "ridden" in the rain.

Therefore there is just no way i could discount it. I apologize.
dammit!

Quick Reply: How is it even possible, really?