General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rumbleon?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2018, 05:00 PM
orange52
Cruiser
Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Got an offer of $15k on a bike I spent $21.7 on last month.
If I were desperate, maybe. Since I'm not, I'll let it set in the garage for now. Someone will be interested soon enough.

Old 09-30-2018, 09:59 PM
FXDXTSport
Stellar HDF Member
Received 497 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by moparnut72
According to NADA low retail for your bike is $3,950.
Originally Posted by JKskico
I have tried the site I had the exact same experience that most of the rest of you did. I received an offer so low that I was actually offended! I understand that it is a business and they need to make money but I urge anyone selling a bike to look at the kelly blue book value. .
I'm not sure you can use NADA or KBB as a guide to what your bike is really worth. Example:
My 2010 FLHXSE (very good to excellent condition) . NADA says low retail $12.2K, Average retail $16K. KBB says average trade in $15.5K, suggested retail $20.2K Anyone out there wants to give me $20K for my 9 year old bike, let me know LOL.

Old 11-16-2018, 03:15 PM
LFG Tom
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Low offers are one thing, I requested an offer on my wife's bike and my bike. They wouldn't make an offer on her custom Yamaha, too old maybe, 2001. My Dyna offer was $1200...... Even KBB trade in value for her stock bike was $2000, and mine is over $5000. I know they are both worth more than that, and expected something a little less than trade in value. Why would anyone get rid of their stuff that low??? Even in a soft market, half of KBB would be understandable, but 75% of it's value.... really?

Old 11-16-2018, 06:35 PM
jlb2782
Road Captain
Received 189 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by LFG Tom
Low offers are one thing, I requested an offer on my wife's bike and my bike. They wouldn't make an offer on her custom Yamaha, too old maybe, 2001. My Dyna offer was $1200...... Even KBB trade in value for her stock bike was $2000, and mine is over $5000. I know they are both worth more than that, and expected something a little less than trade in value. Why would anyone get rid of their stuff that low??? Even in a soft market, half of KBB would be understandable, but 75% of it's value.... really?
Number of reasons one would. Moving, quick cash, not having to deal with tire kickers, getting rid of a headache bike and being dishonest.

Here is something I thought about tho. I was in the process of selling my bike to them and buying one of theres. I had a deposit down and everything. I wound up getting cold feet. I was buying a 2018 RKS with about 2k miles on it. It had tons of aftermarket stuff. Apes, at least a stage 1, seat. It looked awesome. When they contacted me, they said they didn't even have the bike yet and that it would be at their shop within the next day or two. They sent me the condition report the next day, along with some pics. Had the same mileage as what was in the picture from the original owner. They said everything was fine. They didn't test ride it. Beside not test riding it, they have no idea what the motor work has been done, outside of what the original owner told them. I was nervous about the motor work, along with the possible sumping issue that few have. Point being, they had no idea. So I was quite hesitant and backed out. If you look on their site now, that RKS is gone. Was never bought. Not sure what happened to it. But that now have over 100 2017/2018 Road Kings. My guess is that they were rentals. Who the hell knows what those bikes could have wrong with them. I really don't think they have mechanics. Buyer beware.

Old 11-16-2018, 07:32 PM
deadbroke
Tourer
Received 123 Likes on 82 Posts

I got a purchase offer from them on my 2008 RK ,bike has 14000 miles. Offered me $5000,I passed.

Old 11-16-2018, 11:13 PM
HubBub
Tourer
Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

So what percentage of the people"offended" by the offer that was made purchased the bike they got a quote for brand NEW? I'm guessing most of you are butt hurt because you bought new and didn't expect to take that "hit" when you sell it used. Even more so if your selling to someone you KNOW is buying it to resell it. Get real. That's why SMART people buy used. The market is flooded with great used bikes and I don't give a crap whose nut sack rode it before me. I changed seats anyways......

Old 11-17-2018, 11:34 AM
philly48
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by orange52
Got an offer of $15k on a bike I spent $21.7 on last month.
If I were desperate, maybe. Since I'm not, I'll let it set in the garage for now. Someone will be interested soon enough.

Why are you selling so soon?

Old 11-17-2018, 02:19 PM
krouke
Tourer
Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

They bought my 2016 low rider and they were great and lived up to expectations. I did not get anywhere my price even tho I put on sell sites and had NO interested buyers. This Harley was a great bike but a resell disappointment ! No to the butt hole who said "I was crying because I didn't make a profit". Actually I realize Harleys are overpriced and when you try to sell without losing your BUTT, you may lose up to 70% in depreciation on certain bikes ! Next Harley will be a yr. or two old so I don't have to take a Hugh loss on a new bike! Let someone else take the big hit !

Last edited by krouke; 11-17-2018 at 02:20 PM.
Old 12-06-2018, 06:10 PM
Bradyn Mesch
Stage I

Originally Posted by Mr.Softy
They came and picked up the bike with a tractor trailer full of bikes.
No charges it is all part of the deal
No adjustment was needed bike was sold as the pictures represented. I got my check before the pick up.
Price was more than the dealer offered me. I had it listed on several sites without any responses. What I got for the bike I am happy with. It sold the day I accepted their offer. I needed to move the bike so I could move on.
What did you provide picture wise for proof of address and proof of pick up address

Old 04-30-2019, 05:21 PM
toddkb
Stage I

Hi everyone. I, like a lot of you, was nervous about sending in the title to my bike to Rumble On. It sounds like some of the scams you hear about online. After reading this thread I decided to go ahead and take a chance and send it to them. And everything worked out. I got an email about an hour after they received the envelope with my docs and had the money in my checking account about 5 hours after that. Oh-yah, was nervous about giving them my bank info as well but I would definitely recommend that over waiting for a check in the mail and then waiting for the check to clear.

So so as long as you are going through the actual site Rumble On, they are for real.

Quick Reply: Rumbleon?