General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rumbleon?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2018, 07:13 AM
Topwater
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I just sold a bike to them a week ago. Everything is as they say. You accept their offer. After that, you send them a pic of your license, the title, different views of the bike, and proof of residence. Once they get that, they send an email with a couple of papers you have to sign, and a Fed Ex label. You take them to Fed Ex and send them along with your title. It is overnighted to them in Texas, and later that day, the money will be wired to your account. A couple days later, someone will come and pick up the bike. I was skeptical too, but it worked fine. There’s nothing to be skeptical about. They won’t offer you a lot for your bike, but if you need the money quickly, it’s a good move to use them. I sold them a 2012 Sportster 1200C in great condition for $4,000.
I looked on their site and found my bike that I sold them for $4,000 and they’re selling it for $5,988.

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 07-29-2018 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Multiple posts
Old 08-10-2018, 08:53 PM
J2x4
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am currently going through the process of selling my bike to RumbleOn now. I've been dreading selling my bike for months just because I hate dealing with seemingly endless people on Craigslist that waste my time. I hardly ever ride anymore and I could use the money for carpet in my home .

My bike is a 2011 Sportster 48 with less than 10k Miles. Various diy mods including drag exhaust, velocity stack air cleaner, led headlight.
​​​​

looking around at local prices on Craigslist, I expected to either sell it for around 3 grand, or try to sell it for months. RumbleOn offered me $4100. I accepted. Just shipped off my paperwork. I wanted to say that I would feel sad about it, but I actually feel relieved. The market for my bike with it's mods sucks, and now I don't have to deal with it .

​​​​

Old 08-11-2018, 09:40 AM
PDB17UltraRG
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 773 Likes on 735 Posts

There low ballers wouldn’t trust them why do business this way.

Old 08-11-2018, 01:36 PM
Dsm Limited
Received 8,161 Likes on 2,936 Posts

Originally Posted by PDB17UltraRG
I've never done business with them so all I have to go on is what's here and other reviews. I don't know that I'd necessarily call them lowballers or not trust them. The bottom line is they are a business and entitled to a profit.

If you were in their business, at what percentage would you feel comfortable. They buy used motorsport vehicles, by picture only and pay within a few days. They then pay the transport costs and any refurbishing costs. When they sell it, they pay the transport cost again. Add on to all that, the cost of location, taxes, advertising, employees, fedex fees, and other associated overhead.

Again, what percentage would you want/expect?

Old 08-11-2018, 03:05 PM
OTRides
Intermediate
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry I can't contribute to your question, but had to comment cause that Bubbles avatar. Awesome

Old 08-11-2018, 03:19 PM
Mr.Softy
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,199 Likes on 711 Posts

Originally Posted by PDB17UltraRG
If you don't like their offer no one forces you to sell to them. They are a trust worthy company I can vouch for that. One reason at the top of my head to deal with them is to quickly sell your bike. Not having to deal with a bunch of real life low ballers and tire kickers is worth something to me. The longer it takes to sell your bike the more depreciating of the price occurs. Still it is always up to the seller to decide how much he/she wants for their bike and the best way to sell it.
The transport driver inventoried the bike and any discrepancies before he put it in the trailer. This was for their protection guaranteeing I had lived up to my end of the deal. Every aspect of the deal was upfront and above board. If and when I sell my current bike I will contact them first just to see what they offer.

Old 08-14-2018, 10:20 AM
Aces and 8s
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

For kicks and giggles I submitted a cash request on my 2017 FLTRX with 6800 miles. Excellent condition. Offer was $13,800.

BWHAHAHAHAHA

Old 08-14-2018, 10:39 AM
Mr.Softy
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,199 Likes on 711 Posts

Looking at several post where an offer was given, maybe these low offers reflect the current soft market value?

Old 08-14-2018, 11:12 AM
0maha
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,667 Likes on 1,660 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.Softy
Looking at several post where an offer was given, maybe these low offers reflect the current soft market value?
There's that, but it's also their fundamental business model.

Rumbleon does not pretend to pay top dollar. They pay low prices because they are targeting sellers for whom the risks and headaches and delays of trying to squeeze every penny out of their bike isn't worth the trouble. In exchange for their low price, you get a hassle-free transaction and immediate cash. It's the same thing as a pawn shop. You don't walk into one of those places expecting to get all the value for an item, but sometimes getting some of the money right now is more important than getting all of the money at some indefinite time in the future.

Old 09-24-2018, 11:21 AM
JKskico
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have tried the site I had the exact same experience that most of the rest of you did. I received an offer so low that I was actually offended! I understand that it is a business and they need to make money but I urge anyone selling a bike to look at the kelly blue book value. (they do give you a dealership trade in value) after all it is free and that is the reason it is there, so you don"t get taken advantage of! In my opinion rumble on is the equivalent of a pawn shop for motorcycles, they are looking for sellers who are desperate for money and they don"t offer fair prices. I would never recommend them to anyone! Anyone in the Denver area should look into Motorado, they are a consignment dealer and they will try to sell a bike for what it is worth.

Quick Reply: Rumbleon?