General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about pricing.

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2019, 10:56 AM
W.P.
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Question about pricing.

This question is mostly for folks in the Wisconsin area.
So yesterday I went to two different stealers in my area looking to buy a Road King Special.
First stop wanted $1404 dollars over MSRP so I'm thinking this is bull crap and leave.
OK on to the next stealer only to be told they charge $1,435 over MSRP.
I said what, $1435 dollars ? He said yes but we'll work with you on that #.
They both say extra cost is freight & setup.
I'm fine paying the $435 freight but disclaimer #6 at the bottom of most HD web pages states stealers are paid by HD for Pre delivery inspection & setup.
Is there a dealer out there that isn't f'ing us and still sells @ MSRP ?
Thanks if you enlighten me !​​​​​​​

Old 02-03-2019, 11:21 AM
Labrador
Road Master
Received 503 Likes on 260 Posts

You are getting BS from the dealers. I live in northern Illinois and have 7 Harley Davidson dealers within an hour's driving distance . Surely there is one in your area (Wisconsin/Illinois) who is willing to work with you on pricing. Motorcycle sales is slow right now and they have to pay their bills so surely someone is going to take you up on pricing.

Old 02-03-2019, 12:28 PM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,248 Likes on 11,136 Posts

Just make them an offer that is reasonable, but doesn’t inckude markup, or dealer prep,

Old 02-03-2019, 01:09 PM
KrakkyDoo
Road Captain
Received 70 Likes on 38 Posts

A lot of dealers will work with you. Location does play a part in how dealership price their motorcycles. Depending on what part of Wisconsin you are in I may be able to help. I am at a dealership in central Illinois. If you would like, send me a pm with what you are looking for and I will happily send you pricing.

Old 02-03-2019, 02:12 PM
AussieDog
Road Master
Received 698 Likes on 317 Posts

Its just part of the process, don't stress. Negotiate with them. Haven't you ever seen the car dealers or Costco offer "no haggle pricing" for cars? I just say 'great, now we have price to work down from'. Same with cycles. Tell them you don't buy bikes for a living, do they intend to sell bikes for a living? Don't be an *** in the negotiation but let them know they will have to make a high margin on the next guy that comes in the door.

Old 02-03-2019, 03:17 PM
klap
Road Master
Received 242 Likes on 122 Posts

new ones will be out in about 6 months..that's when ya get the best deals on a new leftover..

Old 02-03-2019, 03:40 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,361 Likes on 2,616 Posts

I'd also wait until the end of the month. Making their monthly volume numbers becomes more urgent in the last couple days of the month.

Old 02-03-2019, 04:06 PM
Broccoli2
Cruiser
Received 70 Likes on 45 Posts

I live in California and I just bought a 2018 Street Glide Special from a dealer in Florida. With shipping I am still saving almost 7 grand. Sometimes you just have to find the right dealer. Ps. Dealers out here are out of their minds. Or I guess all the people buying Bikes around me just spend whatever the deals says it's worth. Honestly, good for them. They only have to sell half the bikes and make the same

Old 02-03-2019, 05:08 PM
barneyboy
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,620 Likes on 1,527 Posts

Originally Posted by W.P.
This question is mostly for folks in the Wisconsin area.
So yesterday I went to two different stealers in my area looking to buy a Road King Special.
First stop wanted $1404 dollars over MSRP so I'm thinking this is bull crap and leave.
OK on to the next stealer only to be told they charge $1,435 over MSRP.
I said what, $1435 dollars ? He said yes but we'll work with you on that #.
They both say extra cost is freight & setup.
I'm fine paying the $435 freight but disclaimer #6 at the bottom of most HD web pages states stealers are paid by HD for Pre delivery inspection & setup.
Is there a dealer out there that isn't f'ing us and still sells @ MSRP ?
Thanks if you enlighten me !
I'm from Wisconsin, bought my bike from Appleton HD. $435 freight & $699 set up was knocked off within the first 10 minutes of negotiating.

Old 02-03-2019, 09:18 PM
Little C
Novice
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

We just took delivery of a 2018 Ultra Limited from Iron Town HD in New Berlin, WI. Black in color. $26,999. Wasn't really planning on upgrading, however the dealership gave us a in house rebate check for $4800.00. Also traded in a 09 Cross Bones which they gave us $8300.00 for. They threw in a riders back rest and for $13899.00 we out the door. 4th HD, but first purchased new from a dealership. They were our best buddies for the entire time we were there. Stopped in 2 weeks later to check on our trade in (really loved the Cross Bones) and no one seemed to know who I was....... Oh well. I believe we got a good deal, perhaps not. If not, I'm sure you all will let us know.
Little C

Quick Reply: Question about pricing.