General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buyer Beware - Vindikta

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2019, 10:51 AM
plasmadaddy
Road Warrior
Received 48 Likes on 40 Posts
Default Buyer Beware - Vindikta

Hi all

I've never made a public complaint on a forum (as far as I'm aware!) but I felt it prudent to let you all know about the appalling service that I've had from Vindikta.

As many of you know, Vindikta manufacture handlebars and I chose them based on the great reviews they've had on this forum.
I ordered a set of 14" apes in chrome way back on January 6th. I was told the bars would take 4 weeks before they were ready to ship although they may actually be ready a little sooner.
In January I was in no rush whatsoever so 4 weeks for me was fine - I'd have been happy with 8 weeks, even 10 weeks to be honest as it's freezing cold here in the UK anyway!
I was told that I'd have updates along the way.
Photos and information prior to ordering were supplied within minutes of my enquiry as was an invoice which I paid immediately. I was told that they'd start working on the bars that week.

4 weeks came and I'd heard nothing so I fired off a quick message just to see where Vindikta were with the bars - there was no response other than an automatic reply saying "we are currently away but will respond as soon as we can"

After 4 days I received a message telling me that the bars were with a "new chrome vendor" and that they were
"about a week or two out before they will be completed, I've made a note to update you on Friday but feel free to check back with me at your convenience and I'll update you with any info that I have."

Perfectly reasonable reply I thought, so I simply thanked them for the message.

Another week goes by without the promised update so I messaged again asking if there was any further news.I got another auto reply this time saying
"Thanks for messaging us. We try to be as responsive as possible. We will get back to you as soon as we can"
Now bear in mind that I've also tried calling but the phones are never answered - it's just a voice mail telling you that they're very busy and they'll come back to you as soon as possible.

At this point I'm getting slightly concerned as to what's going on as I can't seem to talk to anyone, so I send another message asking for an update.
I hear nothing for another week whereby I'm told I'll have an update by the end of the day as they're visiting the chrome shop in a few hours.

The following day (February 20th) I get a message saying that the bars are almost completed and will be ready "next week for sure"
There's also information on them being part of a batch etc and that they require multiple polishing steps and "I'll know more on Monday"

Again, I think - reasonable response and I thank them and simply ask them to keep in touch so that I know what's happening.
Reply from Vindikta is "will do"

We're now at March 18th and I've heard nothing more from Vindikta - it would seem that they've disappeared off the face of the earth.
No updates, no info, no bars.

Thankfully I paid via PayPal so I'm not going to lose my money.

I just felt it worthwhile to let you know my experience with Vindikta before you decide to order from them.

Cheers all
PD

Old 03-18-2019, 11:28 AM
Browning, nb
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by plasmadaddy
Hi all

I've never made a public complaint on a forum (as far as I'm aware!) but I felt it prudent to let you all know about the appalling service that I've had from Vindikta.

As many of you know, Vindikta manufacture handlebars and I chose them based on the great reviews they've had on this forum.
I ordered a set of 14" apes in chrome way back on January 6th. I was told the bars would take 4 weeks before they were ready to ship although they may actually be ready a little sooner.
In January I was in no rush whatsoever so 4 weeks for me was fine - I'd have been happy with 8 weeks, even 10 weeks to be honest as it's freezing cold here in the UK anyway!
I was told that I'd have updates along the way.
Photos and information prior to ordering were supplied within minutes of my enquiry as was an invoice which I paid immediately. I was told that they'd start working on the bars that week.

4 weeks came and I'd heard nothing so I fired off a quick message just to see where Vindikta were with the bars - there was no response other than an automatic reply saying "we are currently away but will respond as soon as we can"

After 4 days I received a message telling me that the bars were with a "new chrome vendor" and that they were
"about a week or two out before they will be completed, I've made a note to update you on Friday but feel free to check back with me at your convenience and I'll update you with any info that I have."

Perfectly reasonable reply I thought, so I simply thanked them for the message.

Another week goes by without the promised update so I messaged again asking if there was any further news.I got another auto reply this time saying
"Thanks for messaging us. We try to be as responsive as possible. We will get back to you as soon as we can"
Now bear in mind that I've also tried calling but the phones are never answered - it's just a voice mail telling you that they're very busy and they'll come back to you as soon as possible.

At this point I'm getting slightly concerned as to what's going on as I can't seem to talk to anyone, so I send another message asking for an update.
I hear nothing for another week whereby I'm told I'll have an update by the end of the day as they're visiting the chrome shop in a few hours.

The following day (February 20th) I get a message saying that the bars are almost completed and will be ready "next week for sure"
There's also information on them being part of a batch etc and that they require multiple polishing steps and "I'll know more on Monday"

Again, I think - reasonable response and I thank them and simply ask them to keep in touch so that I know what's happening.
Reply from Vindikta is "will do"

We're now at March 18th and I've heard nothing more from Vindikta - it would seem that they've disappeared off the face of the earth.
No updates, no info, no bars.

Thankfully I paid via PayPal so I'm not going to lose my money.

I just felt it worthwhile to let you know my experience with Vindikta before you decide to order from them.

Cheers all
PD
You better check. I was refused a paypal claim because of a 45 day claim limit. Dont wait to long.

Old 03-18-2019, 12:12 PM
plasmadaddy
Road Warrior
Received 48 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Browning, nb
You better check. I was refused a paypal claim because of a 45 day claim limit. Dont wait to long.
Yup already sorted! Money is safe and sound thankfully.

Old 03-18-2019, 07:32 PM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 58 Likes on 49 Posts

I never do business with any company who doesn't have their physical address on their web site.

Old 03-19-2019, 08:30 AM
ThePaintPirate
Club Member
Received 1,482 Likes on 781 Posts

Even though I do like to support a smaller business, rather than going with a big box company, it's threads like this and several others that make people weary on supporting them. Hopefully you get your bars.

Old 03-19-2019, 09:45 AM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 13,738 Likes on 6,190 Posts

Interesting choice in naming of the company.
There's your sign.