General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2023's ?....

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2022, 10:38 AM
YammyDrummer
Road Warrior
Received 487 Likes on 288 Posts

I've shared my gripes about the new releases from the MOCO going all the way back to about 2019. At this point I don't have any faith or hope that they're going to do anything to change my mind or include anything in the upcoming lineup that's worth the ridiculous price they're demanding. And I'm so over the boring colors. But I get it. They save an astronomical amount on clear coating primer instead of the premium paints that they used to be known for and was a part of the value of the bike.

The following users liked this post:
Pianoman18 (10-09-2022)
Old 10-09-2022, 12:09 PM
RK4ME
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,211 Likes on 1,380 Posts

Originally Posted by YammyDrummer
I've shared my gripes about the new releases from the MOCO going all the way back to about 2019. At this point I don't have any faith or hope that they're going to do anything to change my mind or include anything in the upcoming lineup that's worth the ridiculous price they're demanding. And I'm so over the boring colors. But I get it. They save an astronomical amount on clear coating primer instead of the premium paints that they used to be known for and was a part of the value of the bike.
Also, the flat black instead of chrome or polished aluminum. I'm not buying that.

s-glide76 (10-09-2022)
Old 10-09-2022, 12:11 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,365 Likes on 2,619 Posts

Originally Posted by YammyDrummer
They changed from previous quality paint? Reference?

Old 10-09-2022, 01:46 PM
Jshopes
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,196 Likes on 658 Posts

Originally Posted by Keithhu
their own website. everything is grey, black, or shades of it. they used to offer some really cool colors, metallics, pearls, fat metal flakes.... im going to need peer reviewed citations if youre going to say their colors are as good as they were.

Old 10-09-2022, 09:03 PM
s-glide76
Road Master
Received 996 Likes on 410 Posts

There's no pearl or candy colors, no metal flake. No creative two tones. No more hand laid pinstriping. They're just solid 'billiard" colors that a robot can spray.
It's just another area where they can replace skilled workers with new hires and temps.

Jshopes (10-10-2022)
Old 10-09-2022, 09:15 PM
Taxgod4u
Road Master
Received 969 Likes on 440 Posts

Don't forget the rainbow pride Road Glide that every dealer must order three of...

Old 10-10-2022, 10:05 AM
Sanjuro
Road Warrior

Received 1,616 Likes on 749 Posts

Every year…. Someone asks when the new bikes are coming out. What colors.

and

Every year someone says that H-D is doing the wrong thing. Quality is dropping. Colors are bad. H-D will go out of business tomorrow.

and yet….

Every year H-D survives and flourishes. New models. New color schemes. Continuing to provide the soul to motorcycle riding.

Last edited by Sanjuro; 10-10-2022 at 10:23 AM.
Keithhu (10-10-2022)
Old 10-10-2022, 11:42 AM
BuzzCap7
Received 18,341 Likes on 10,703 Posts

Originally Posted by Sanjuro

and

Every year someone says that H-D is doing the wrong thing. Quality is dropping. Colors are bad. H-D will go out of business tomorrow.

and yet….

Every year H-D survives and flourishes. New models. New color schemes. Continuing to provide the soul to motorcycle riding.
In light of that above, it must be they do some type of study to come up with what people are most likely going to want. Gutta be right?

Old 10-10-2022, 12:34 PM
Walter White
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 44,594 Likes on 16,348 Posts

I find this type of thinking to be very interesting. Because in every motor generation you get this scenario: "I got a stage 1 and now it runs like a raped ape!" You would see this all the time on the forums for years.

With 80 CI bikes, with 88CI bikes, 96, 103, 107, etc. The stock 103 produced way more power than a stage 1 88, for example. Why weren't people saying it runs like a raped ape with a stock 103?

Personally I think the 114 is more than enough power for my Road Glide Limited (referred to by my wife as the "Loud Couch").

I think if you want more than that, its a choice, but not a criticism of the MoCo if you want to do that.

Regarding sound, you see a lot of people posting that they don't want anything too loud. So it's appropriate for Harley to set a baseline and people have options from there.
I agree. I think people want to justify their "investments" in more power/tq.

My Vrod and 110ci (in 2 of my Harleys) made me think the 103 in the 2013 SG that fell into my lap cheap would be painfully slow. I am pleasantly surprised how well this does stock. It is very comfortable and smooth. If I go new it will always be stock. If stock doesn't do it, why the heck am I buying it in the 1st place?

As the price goes up on new models I would expect much more performance stock to justify it.

Old 10-10-2022, 02:54 PM
Jshopes
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,196 Likes on 658 Posts

Originally Posted by Sanjuro

and

and yet….

id call it more surviving than flourishing

Quick Reply: 2023's ?....