General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cagers!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 10:19 AM
CSA
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah you guys are right! I should have just let it go. It happens so much these days. Most of the time ya just let it go, but sometimes you can't see through the red!

Be safe out there folks!

Old 03-14-2009, 10:21 AM
lonesome wex
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Joe Diver
Great way to get shot around here....best just to let it go and ride on.
guy got shot to death down here recently for merely blowing his horn at a guy who was screwing around as the light turned green.

Old 03-14-2009, 10:30 AM
CSA
Road Master

Originally Posted by Big Pig
You just haven't "confronted" the "right" person yet....
Hehehe! Yeah I have been lucky that way.

I did mean it as a negative, not a positive. I think I picked it up in the Military. It's how they program you at Benning!

Old 03-14-2009, 10:37 AM
captjon37
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That is a really bad thing to do. You should think more about your family and how they need you than the immediate gratification of that type of confrontation. I can say this because i am extremely guilty of that same ex lax move. I have done this many times knowing how really stupid it is. I have the worst road rage in the world and getting shot at once (truck was hit 3 times) and sliced with broken bottle on the neck did not stop me. My little wife with the BIG voice has helped me contain it. The shameful thing is i know i could die doing that and it still happens. At 6'2" 290lbs just getting out my truck or off the bike is usually all it takes but one day i just might get that wrong person.

Yep, to know it's wrong and do it anyway is the hardest stupidity to live with. Thats me.

I can preach i just wish i could follow.

I will be reading this post over and over. I would do almost anything to figure out a way to contain my anger. I work on it everyday and hope to control it before it kills me.

Be safe.

Old 03-14-2009, 10:38 AM
captjon37
Outstanding HDF Member

The last time i made a smooth move like that a neighbor lady saw it and told my wife about it. Like a little kid i got in trouble.

Come to think of it. My little wife has more control over me than i do. It's that damn voodoo punany.

Last edited by captjon37; 03-14-2009 at 10:47 AM.
Old 03-14-2009, 10:47 AM
CSA
Road Master

Originally Posted by captjon37
That is a really bad thing to do. You should think more about your family and how they need you than the immediate gratification of that type of confrontation. I can say this because i am extremely guilty of that same ex lax move. I have done this many times knowing how really stupid it is. I have the worst road rage in the world and getting shot at once (truck was hit 3 times) and sliced with broken bottle on the neck did not stop me. My little wife with the BIG voice has helped me contain it. The shameful thing is i know i could die doing that and it still happens. At 6'2" 290lbs just getting out my truck or off the bike is usually all it takes but one day i just might get that wrong person.

Yep, to know it's wrong and do it anyway is the hardest stupidity to live with. Thats me.

I can preach i just wish i could follow.

I will be reading this post over and over. I would do almost anything to figure out a way to contain my anger. I work on it everyday and hope to control it before it kills me.

Be safe.
You're right Capt! It's a terrible thing. I was a Commercial Truck Driver for 15 years and my road rage from all those years of driving really peaks when I am on my scoot.

I to have many times had to stop my self from doing something that would land me in jail or worse get me killed. The funny thing, and I am not patting myself on the back here. I think I am the nicest guy in the world. I would gladly go out of my way to help a friend or what not. I try and be a very likable guy. When I told this guy what he did, I didn't use foul language or what not. I just told him Hey that was my lane. It took a lot for me not to totally go off!

Old 03-14-2009, 10:53 AM
Ole Coyote
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got arrested once for doing this. The bitch said I hit her. Her friend called 911 and a cop was in the area. It got thrown out of court, but still it cost me $1100 to get out of it. Oh ya, she was black and had a LOT of Attitude. Cop was black also, so I was *ucked from the begining.

Old 03-14-2009, 11:16 AM
AR-15 DEUCE
Road Master

Happened to me yesterday,and a week ago..TAILGATOR..your going along the speed limit,and the guy is creeping up,up,and he is on your tire,I hit my brake alittle,pull to the right and wave them around,shaking my head

Old 03-14-2009, 11:22 AM
7/11 The Crapshooter
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by ranger56528
A guy got shot for doing the same thing you did awhile ago,ya need to be careful,your doing that makes you the aggressor....I know it sux but ya have to be careful now days.
I seem to remember reading something about that not too long ago. The other thing that comes to mind is getting off the bike and walking back to confront the driver. If you don't get shot, I would be laughing my butt off if that driver simply hit the bike knocking it over because you just scared the crap out of them. All it would take is their foot slipping off the brake and your bike is toast. Cagers are a problem and to me, all I can do is expect the unexpected. That above all keeps me alive to ride another day.

Old 03-14-2009, 11:35 AM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I have mixed emotions on this. On one hand, many of you are correct in thinking it could escalate to an unwanted situation. On the other hand, something needs to be done to wake these idiots up and let them know they screwed up and could have killed someone. I can't help but think he educated the guy to be more careful, and maybe he will be in the future.

There should at least be some way to get their tag number and report them to some organization that will send them a letter explaining the consequences of their actions. Being a former LEO, I know it's pretty useless relying on the local authorities to do such a thing.

Quick Reply: Cagers!