General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cagers!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 11:39 AM
edeluxe07
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Agree with some of the other posts...he could have easily pulled out a gun and shot you dead right there... human life means nothing to some people today.... While I would "think" about doing that, I keep in the back of my mind..."what's the other guy gonna do?" ....and I ride on....

Old 03-14-2009, 11:40 AM
mphamrick
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know the fealings that you had but have to agree with the others

Old 03-14-2009, 12:01 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't say I've never done that, because I have in the past...but as said, it's a different world out there today...what used to be settled with just words, or even escalated, a punch or two, now results in getting shot, arrested or sued...it ain't right, but most of the time it ain't worth the risk...

Old 03-14-2009, 12:03 PM
Juve996
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A dirty look would be as far as I would go.. A similar thing hapenned to me yesterday while enjoying the afternoon ride. I just gave the dirty look and rode on, it's not worth possibly getting shot at. We as riders have enough problems if you know what I mean..

Old 03-14-2009, 12:18 PM
mcrider1
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by captjon37
That is a really bad thing to do. You should think more about your family and how they need you than the immediate gratification of that type of confrontation. I can say this because i am extremely guilty of that same ex lax move. I have done this many times knowing how really stupid it is. I have the worst road rage in the world and getting shot at once (truck was hit 3 times) and sliced with broken bottle on the neck did not stop me. My little wife with the BIG voice has helped me contain it. The shameful thing is i know i could die doing that and it still happens. At 6'2" 290lbs just getting out my truck or off the bike is usually all it takes but one day i just might get that wrong person.

Yep, to know it's wrong and do it anyway is the hardest stupidity to live with. Thats me.

I can preach i just wish i could follow.

I will be reading this post over and over. I would do almost anything to figure out a way to contain my anger. I work on it everyday and hope to control it before it kills me.

Be safe.
You could always check yourself into an anger management class.

Old 03-14-2009, 02:17 PM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

No, Cars and Trucks win.

Also here is California that is called road rage and is just F^king Stupid.

Old 03-14-2009, 02:48 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Never gotten that mad, but I can see how it could happen. Like the others have said, prob not a good idea nowadays

Old 03-14-2009, 02:56 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Others can disagree with what you did or did not do. I see no harm in telling someone to be considerate of you on your motorcycle. People make mistakes. I would hate to have to kill someone over stupid crap. With that said--I would kill them as fast as I thought necessary. I have no plans on being a victim or bitch. One of them it sucks to be me or it sucks to be you things.

Old 03-14-2009, 03:08 PM
Cotton Hill
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I just went to my local Walgreen, for some reason the check out girl kept looking out front. I saw smoke went outside and saw a bike had crashed and was on fire. A cage turned left he T-boned it and the car took off. Rider had leg and hand injuries. If I was only maybe 30-45 seconds sooner I would have seen it and I would have run the f**king cage down.

Old 03-14-2009, 03:11 PM
hagger
Banned
Received 56 Likes on 33 Posts

Yea, I always found myself wanting to educate bad or inconsiderate drivers. But the older I get the more I realize there's just too many of'em. Better to just watch your a$$ out there and as someone else said, live to ride another day. Friggin' tailgaters!!

Quick Reply: Cagers!