General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust for my new Rocker C

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 07:47 PM
Fogg82
Account Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust for my new Rocker C

Need help. Just a new Rocker C, and its great, but I hate the pipes I bought for it. I got the V&H Big Radius two into one. They look sweet, but they sound like hell. They are too damn quiet. And ive been told that even if I drill into the baffle, it still wont be very loud. Here's the question, WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PIPE AVAILABLE FOR THE ROCKER C? Preferably black, but I can powder coat it if i cant get it in black.

Thanks!

Old 05-03-2009, 07:51 PM
rubiconMike
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Fogg82
Need help. Just a new Rocker C, and its great, but I hate the pipes I bought for it. I got the V&H Big Radius two into one. They look sweet, but they sound like hell. They are too damn quiet. And ive been told that even if I drill into the baffle, it still wont be very loud. Here's the question, WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PIPE AVAILABLE FOR THE ROCKER C? Preferably black, but I can powder coat it if i cant get it in black.

Thanks!
Just change the baffles. Look at Big City Thunder. I switched mine and they sound much better.

Old 05-03-2009, 07:54 PM
frankjake
Road Master

First off I say read this forum and other forums. You have one of the best pipe around.

Why didn't you order it in black in the first place?

I have the V&H 2 into 1 and love it. I also have the "quietest" baffle they make for it and it's plenty loud. With this pipe, and SE air cleaner and a dyno, it increased power a lot. Nothing to be sorry about wtih this pipe at all.

Why don't you just take out the baffle or get a different one?

Last edited by frankjake; 05-03-2009 at 07:56 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:22 PM
Fogg82
Account Suspended

I cant get the damn baffle out! Ive tried a couple times. Took it up to Harley Haven in Columbia and they couldnt get it out. I think when they powder coated it, the baffle must have seized to the pipe. Ive heard if i drill into the baffle that it wouldnt make that much difference with the sound. Is that true?

Old 05-03-2009, 09:53 PM
HoggyMtnBreakdown
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 87 Posts

Vance & Hines are great pipes! I bought the BR black 2-2's for my 105th anniv. model Fatty and the look great. They sound even better, but I was kind of scared to put them on because someone on another forum was complaining that his Big Radius pipes were too loud. Mine have the standard baffle in them and they are just as loud as I would want them without hurting my ears. They even have a nice low, throaty growl, which I also thought this pipe would lack because of how short they are, but I am very satisfied with them. That's my $.02. I never wanted a 2-1 pipe because of how they look. I like the 2-2 styling better, but as I understand it, a LOT of Stateside riders have them, especially on their Rockers, but that's because they look great. They look like they were made for that bike.

Old 05-03-2009, 09:54 PM
confederate
Most Wanted
Received 806 Likes on 392 Posts

Take it to a muffler shop, they should be able to get it out. Then get the Big City Thunder Baffles. They will make a difference. Check them out on youtube.

Old 05-03-2009, 10:08 PM
niterider985
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have b.r. 2-1 on my07 Train and it is a very good pipe makes good power. One day took out baffle just to see 2 bolts was waaaaaay to loud but deep sound not for me. Only thing came out with a black one later oh well maybe podercoat.

Old 05-04-2009, 05:10 PM
frankjake
Road Master

Fogg, post some pic when you get a chance.

Like I said before, you have a great pipe. If you like the look of it, try to get the existing baffle out and like someone else said, maybe get one made for it.

I thought V & H had different baffles for that pipe. Maybe you got a quiet one without know it. I told them when I ordered mine I wanted the quietest one they made and I love the deep sound it puts out.

Anyway when you get it how you like it, I'd love to see those pipes.

Old 05-04-2009, 08:11 PM
Fogg82
Account Suspended

I'll see if I can figure out how to post a picture tonight. its really sweet. I spend a great deal! Replaced all the chrome engine parts with black night train parts. I have a video on youtube. Just look up my new rocker c. They dont make the two into one black for the rocker c yet, so i had to powder coat it, i think when it was powder coated, i messed up the baffle. Theres only one screw to take out right? that might also be my problem

Old 05-04-2009, 08:17 PM
jason628
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Greetings,

Try the baffle first and if not, get some ShortShot Staggereds. I'm running those on mine and have run them on bikes in the past. Very loud and look good to. If you want the black ShortShot Staggereds, I've got a brand new pair that hasn't even been out of the box for sale in the classifieds.