General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Expensive lesson on the way home today.

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 05:50 PM
toybreaker
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had my SG a few days. Went to a buds house in a crappy part of Long Beach and when I left I dropped my security FOB in my hoodie pocket. A 1/2 mile later I hear something skidding across the road and thought someone threw something at me. Decided I should turn around to take a look. I didnt see anything till i heard a car going by run something over...saw it bounce and sure enough, my FOB. It got ran over again before I could get to it. Damn good thing I turned around, would have gotten back to my hotel and not able to start my bike again.

Old 06-12-2011, 06:00 PM
mavrickFLHR
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 10 Posts

we were riding to the shore for lunch with some friends.. pulled in to a gas station and only half the group was there.. just about time we were gearing up to go back.. they rolled in laughing. turns out my lovely wife lost her cell phone.. amazingly the phone still worked.. still good for a laugh..

as for me.. we went with our dog trainer on a three day BMW event a few years back in the pocono mountains. I was one of only two harley's that showed.. it was actually a very interesting weekend.. Anyway, I ended up winning a bike cover.. so I "secured" it to the top of my leather road king tour pack with lengths of small rope.. on the ride home.. we hit torrential rain.. terrible ride.. when we finally ran out of the rain.. we stopped a a light and.. low and behold the cover was gone.. we didnt' go back to look..

mavrick

Old 06-12-2011, 10:56 PM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 58 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by djaudette
My virginity, and never found it
Kick *** week for you last week, eh?

Old 06-13-2011, 06:54 AM
CoyoteA22
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I loose a couple packs of smokes weekly from forgetting to zipper up my coat pockets.....my friends say if your looking for Coyote follow the cigarette packs on the road!